Has security gone bonkers?

• 11 Replies

Goosegirl

Has security gone bonkers?
« on: May 23, 2020, 13:14 »
I have an M&S credit card that I always fully paid on-line. Now I can only pay via some app on my phone which I don't have because it's a little Doro and only used in emergencies, so they sent me a little tablet thingy which I managed to activate but I still can't access my account. Having followed all the accompanying paperwork and the on-line instructions, I managed to contact someone who seemed to have a heavy breathing problem. Nevertheless, I suddenly discovered that it wasn't my card pin number I had to enter because I had to generate a new six-digit one and save it by pressing the pink button on the bottom left-hand side. Having watched their video, I'm now going to have another glass of vino then stick my head under my goose-down duvet.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

MrsPea

Re: Has security gone bonkers?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 14:37 »
I'm so glad i'm not the only one having trouble with M&S i tried to put an order in i did all that, i then came to pay by my credit card it wouldn't have it, i then got a message saying that card had expired, so of we go again  filled in new card all present and correct went pay on it wouldn't accept it having wasted ages doing this i CANCELLED the whole lot and turned the computer OFF in disgust.  >:(
I Love my green house

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 15:08 »
Meanwhile your stress level has just gone off the gauge.     And there is talk of a cash-less society - don't make me laugh.     Well done for cancelling it MrsPea, we can all live without them  :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 16:00 »
Have also tried to offer from them.  Card not accepted, it's expired, so in case you had not realised it it's September 2023.  Bought what I needed when I did the grocery shop.

jezza

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 16:45 »
Hello make sure that it's genuine m&s payment site I went onto a site for some machinery spares it said waiting for payment site then came up my pay you've been conned in small writing I contacted the seller they said it a scam payment site   jezza

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 13:22 »
Having spoken to someone else yesterday I'm going to be sent a new one - oh deepjoy! In the meantime and having been someone who was given the job of writing Standard Operational Procedures which the vast majority of people including Mickey Mouse could follow, GG's going to bite somebody's bum. Believe you me, that's not something I never want to  experience again when our gooses were nesting and I disturbed them which was a bad move! I ran from one end of the goose pen to the other with the jaws of a gander firmly attached to my gluteus maximus.
I'll let you all know how it works out but don't hold your breath.

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 11:33 »
Hello all! Got my new one through the post so I opened the box and found … an empty box! I rang them yet again but am getting very fed up with all this inept palaver so that's another customer gone! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 21:23 »
Oh blimey!  >:(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 13:44 »
That was bad enough, but today I had a letter from the M&S card people giving me my unique code for my new digi-card. If you didn't laugh you'd cry! Hopefully there'll be yet another one in the post this week.

Christine

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 16:19 »
Then you will need a new code for the new card.

chrissie B

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 23:20 »
All sounds really  complicated,  I just leave all that stuff to hubby I panic have to remember my pin as it some times causes embarrassment when some teen on the till tells me it's not been accepted and I have to use my brain at a moments notice.
Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Goosegirl

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 13:39 »
Given the fact that I failed my first Maths GCE, I don't know why numbers have a sort of rhythm to them that helps me to remember them. Let's say "7 6 1 2." 7 - 6 = 1. 1 +1 = 2. Someone on here might understand what I'm on about but I doubt it.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 52 queries.