They would not accept my review !

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

They would not accept my review !
« on: December 30, 2018, 15:05 »
A couple of months ago I bought a Unibond Aero 360, it came with 2 spare things to fit into the gadget.
I cannot get the top from the bottom.  The water collection inside is blue and sludgy.   The first block ran out after a week or so, as did the second,  they just totally disintegrate sitting on the spindle, and then drop into the reservoir, then I cannot open it.  It is an ugly looking thing as well.
I know the area is not damp as I have always had a tray with crystals there, to collect window condensation when cooking.  :D
Firstly, Robert Dyas, from whom I purchased it, asked for a review.  However, they didn't like it, and so it was not shown.
Second, I went to Unibond site, and carried out the same review there.   They didn't like it either, so it was not shown there either.
I suppose, as I suspected, that bad reviews are seldom shown - buyer beware  :nowink:   Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: They would not accept my review !
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 13:49 »
MB, did you mean to say the area IS damp because you have the absorbent crystals to remove window condensation? Having just looked it up so I knew what it was, I'd contact the Unibond site because Dyas are just a firm who sells them on their behalf. If it's not fit for purpose then look at this site:
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 20:36 »
I've had lots of reviews of my books on Amazon - some good, some not so good - which is fair enough, you can't please everybody. Only ever had one review removed and that was because it was libellous and from another author. Extra sad - I'd given his book a glowing review  :D
Yell removed a review of a car dealer I put on - terrible man. I was very careful to be factual in what I said.
Incidentally, I found out you can buy reviews from some shady companies. They have networks of people who post them for products and books. One of the newspapers produced a rubbish Kindle book and had it pushed to the top of the charts to prove it. I didn't actually see the article but the reporter rang me and asked what I thought about it.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Christine

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 09:08 »
I'm not sure that online reviews are reliable - as you have all observed.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 09:25 »
Where negative reviews are published, I find you often need to read between the lines - some reviewers have unreasonable expectations (like one for the gas cooker I bought last year - the lady complained that she was very disappointed with the second oven - it's actually the grill!  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 13:17 »
If I'm looking to buy something from wherever, I look at several reviews (including Which?) so I can get a sense of what people's experiences are as no product can ever be 100% all the time.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 11:19 »
I just wanted it to stop condensation on the kitchen window.  It forms when I have cooked and I am sitting at the breakfast bar in front of window.

I suppose it must be doing something, otherwise there wouldn't be anything in it.    The compressed ring of 'stuff' that gradually dissolves, is on a small plastic arm.  I think the ring of stuff is too heavy for the plastic arm, and breaks away at the top then the whole ring collapses into the sludgy blue water.  I have trouble then getting the top from the bottom without spilling sludge.

I think I shall just use the remaining refill and then write it off.   I shall go back to the little oblong box that takes the Krystals.   That always worked for me.   I think I was just trying to be too clever  :mad:  Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 47 queries.