mole

• 6 Replies

peter o

mole
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:09 »
i've got a mole in my chiken run. it's putting mole hills in the middle of wat little grass was left. is there anything i can do. I don't want to kill it.
merry Christmas all ;)

treacleminer

Re: mole
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:37 »
Only the usual mole deterrents - mothballs or those sound pulser things.  The chickens will soon flatten any mole hills once they have defrosted!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:02 »
plus the fact that the chickens will love scratching in the fresh earth for worms and other creepy crawlies. I wouldn't use mothballs as these are poisoness to cats so not sure what they would do to chickens should they dig down and find one  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 10:23 »
we tried a pulser thing, didn't work tho.  :(

We actually dug one out!  Waited VERY pariently, (this was in the summer tho) till we saw the ground moving then quickly dug it out, trouble is you have to be in the right place as if you move your feet when you pounce they move surprisingly fast and you just ig a clump of earth up.

We use traps now, but they do kill them.

Don't know the rules on moles but from previous threads it seems it is against the law to,'re-locate' vermin to other places.  Are moles classed as vermin?? Probably seeing as no-one wants them!
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

Flowerpower136

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 11:09 »
I get cross with moles in the lawn, but they're too cute to kill, and don't do any real harm?
I don't think I be worried about them in the chicken run.  That amount of digging is nothing compared to the earth shifting that the girls achieve!

Sassy

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 08:13 »
we tried a pulser thing, didn't work tho.  :(

Don't know the rules on moles but from previous threads it seems it is against the law to,'re-locate' vermin to other places.  Are moles classed as vermin?? Probably seeing as no-one wants them!

I went on a mole catching course and was told that it was illegal to relocate them. Certainly I would NOT be impressed if one was relocated by my place!!
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

death of rats

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 21:14 »
All I have to say is in this You Tube clip  fePU5CIHpasEnjoy
Now retired from the day job and working hard on my smallholding.

xx
Mole attack!

Started by wadz81 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 17:49
by wadz81

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 39 queries.