Gone down the pecking order

• 3 Replies

themagicaltoad1

Gone down the pecking order
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:26 »
My girls used to squat for me and it made it so easy to pick them up, but since our cockerel grew up and started treading them they won't squat for me anymore. I guess I've just dropped down the pecking order. :(

NormandyMary

Re: Gone down the pecking order
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 16:38 »
They can be so fickle cant they? My girls have never let me pick them up, though one of my previous little girls Rosie used to come up to me and ask for a cuddle. She disappeared one day, never saw her again.

Perhaps if you have treats in your hand when you go to pick them up, they may change their minds. If it were a choice between a treat or being ravaged, I know which I'd choose!!

jinty1911

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 17:14 »
We have 3. 2 curtsey (as my Nana used to call it) the other 1 runs away screaming if you go near her and wont even take mealworms off your hand. They were all hatched at the same time and I really dont understand what her issue is.  :blink:
Jinty

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 21:21 »
They can be so fickle cant they? My girls have never let me pick them up, though one of my previous little girls Rosie used to come up to me and ask for a cuddle. She disappeared one day, never saw her again.

Perhaps if you have treats in your hand when you go to pick them up, they may change their minds. If it were a choice between a treat or being ravaged, I know which I'd choose!!

You didn't actually say which you preferred Normandy Mary ;) what a shame about your Rosie, did you never find out what happened to her?

xx
Sorting pecking order with a rubber duck

Started by OpiumEater on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post July 15, 2011, 15:40
by Helenaj
xx
Bed time order?

Started by Bogof on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post June 13, 2010, 22:14
by grumpydad
xx
Gagging Order

Started by Mr Rotavator on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post February 03, 2012, 18:43
by evie2
xx
First Time Mum is Pecking Her Chick

Started by vickyb30 on Chicken Chat

18 Replies
Last post May 13, 2011, 15:29
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 35 queries.