Bed time order?

• 4 Replies

Bogof

Bed time order?
« on: June 11, 2010, 21:56 »
Do hens go to bed in order? My girls seem to go in the same order every night, youngest/lowest in the pecking order first then more senior ones and almost allways the same one last. Do others find the same thing?
Buy One Get One Free.

wolverine

• Experienced Member
Re: Bed time order?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:28 »
mine do aswell but the boss goes up first then the other two in the same order each night they also sleep in the same spot. they make me laugh sometimes shuffling around inside till they are in the right place.   :lol:
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

sneezer

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:32 »
mine are different to that, top hen first ,then middle one and to get her own back the lowest in the order waits then goes and turfs out the top hen to snuggle down in the nest box, nice and warm!( they are rescue hens and have never perched and have no intention of doing so!) :D

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 07:54 »
my lot goes in boss first then so on down to the lowest in the pecking order, at first it was the 3 older girls that had the highest perch then the youngest had the lower, but last night the last 1 to go in was saff( blue bell), as always the last 1 went in and kicked of upsetting eveyone on their perches, when it all quitened down i went over to lock up and all 8 girls was on the top perch which was funny to see, but nice to see that they are all getting on together after weeks of the older 1's fights/ pecking the youngters
zoe pattinson :)

grumpydad

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 22:14 »
no particular order either in or out of the coop, just a mad rush out in the morning, slow going in though just after 10 again tonight, pitch black and raining, naughty chucks.

xx
Gagging Order

Started by Mr Rotavator on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post February 03, 2012, 18:43
by evie2
xx
Gone down the pecking order

Started by themagicaltoad1 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post October 29, 2010, 21:21
by themagicaltoad1
xx
Sorting pecking order with a rubber duck

Started by OpiumEater on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post July 15, 2011, 15:40
by Helenaj
xx
what time is bed time for your chucks

Started by grumpydad on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 10:39
by TeaPots

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 38 queries.