How to make temporary chicken feed from supermarket foods?

• 17 Replies

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
Re: How to make temporary chicken feed from supermarket foods?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 15:31 »
Ah thanks for setting me straight tony. I shall probably give them veg that does not cross paths with meat i.e straight out the saucepan or fridge but not scraped off my plate. Or I shall grow some veg especially for the chickens and take it straight from the garden to the chickens. It does seem a bit over the top for people who want chickens for non commercial purposes and judging by some of the posts ive read on here most people see it as chickens were here long before any "scientifically produced chicken feed".

It makes me think two things, one that there is a corrupt government official who makes lots of money selling layers pellets or... we must put some very dangerous chemicals in food fit for human consumption which makes you wonder should even we be eating it?

Anyhow after watching the river cottage series it seems Hugh give his pigs and chickens stuff straight from the garden and to be honest if im in the garden eating an apple it will get thrown nearby the chicken run. We live next to a road so of course I cant be sure whether it was my apple core or an irresponsible passer bys apple core that ended up in the run  :unsure:

Have there been any arrests from this law yet? Up untill yesterday I really believed the law was for hoofed animals.

Tony H

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 16:09 »
yep fully agree the rules seem daft for those of us who keep a few chucks, infact if you log onto the govenments web site chucks in the garden are classed as pets therfore rules dont apply but DEFRA (govenment call them livestock)  :wacko: :wacko: I watched rivercottage aswell and as you say his animals were fed on enythink from the kitchen, I did mail DEFRA for some sort of clarification on this subject but as yet had no reply  :tongue2:
Chicken crazy

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 20:17 »
I think they just enjoy making satanical rules so they have an excuse to go on a killing spree now and then. The murdering B%$tards!!  :ohmy:

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 38 queries.