northern fowl mite

• 1 Replies

Hawkins

northern fowl mite
« on: June 18, 2010, 16:01 »
I think my girls may have some kind of fowl mite. I think it came when we bought Buffy as when I have been checking them they have all been clear. I have scrubbed and pressure washed the house and used Jeyes fluid. I have also sprayed poultry shield everywhere.

The girls have been treated with frontline and diatom. there appears to be a lot less of the creepy crawlies and I keep dusting all of them as soon as I see a crawlie but didnt think I should frontline again.

Have I done the right thing and should i be doing anything else. I dont seem to be having much luck lately.
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

henamoured

• Experienced Member
Re: northern fowl mite
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 23:37 »
Hi - mine had lice AND mites a couple of weeks ago. I used frontline for cats twice, seven days apart. Once I was sure the critters had all died (including visit to vet with one that I think was possibly becoming anaemic) I bathed 2 of my 4 who still had the mite corpses in their 'armpits' feathers. The next day I powdered them all under wings, round vent feathers and dipped their feet and legs in a weak poultry shield solution.
I, too thought it might have been northern mite but ordinary chicken mites apparently look the same. Anyway I'm pretty sure they're all DEAD now!

xx
Northern Fowl Mite

Started by Sooz on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 22, 2011, 08:26
by Casey76
xx
Northern Fowl Mite

Started by upthetump on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 18, 2008, 11:42
by upthetump
xx
Northern Fowl Mites

Started by newChickenMummy on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post January 31, 2010, 17:18
by beulah59
xx
Now they have fowl pox :( !

Started by Silkysmooth on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2010, 14:53
by joyfull

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 35 queries.