They're HERE!!!! And Getting Bigger!!

• 49 Replies

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Re: phew
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 22:17 »
Quote from: "pegs"
glad to know there is at least one other poultry murderer, I mean farmer, on the pages

Y' See, Pegs, chickens tend not to like it if you start eating them if they're still alive, so the deed has to be done

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: phew
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 22:35 »
Quote from: "pegs"
glad to know there is at least one other poultry murderer, I mean farmer, on the pages - although it is hard when they look sooo lovely and sweet at that age.

Just think of the dinners to come.
Cheers
Pegs

Thanks Pegs, looking forward to my own home grown meat again.  When we had turkeys, we almost lived on turkey for a year!!!!!   but there's always something you can do with a bit of turkey!!!  When these people say oh I've had enough of turkey at Christmas, they don't know what they are talking about!!!! lol

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 22:39 »
I had a friend once who was a muslim.  I asked her if she ate meat, as I didn't know if they were veggies.  Yes she said, and we kill the goat or cow by slitting its throat, but you have to ask its forgiveness first, or the meat will be tainted!!!!

So I always do that now when Brian has to kill our dinner!!  but at least he doesn't have to just cut its throat.  The stunner kills it first!

Foxy

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 22:54 »
We are thinking of getting some meat birds - do you have your own stunner Grannie Annie? I think thats the hardest part, killing an animal. Still not sure if I could go through with it and actually enjoy the meat I must admit. Since having our own birds am practically a vegetarian only because we are both concerned about how the animals have been treated.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2008, 23:02 »
Yes foxy, when Brian decided to take his slaughterman's license, we bought him the proper gear as he was going to have his own mobile slaughtering business, going round the farms culling animals for people, that in addition to the BIG turkey farm we were going to have.

Over £500 it cost!!!!!!!!   Complete blooming waste of time and money!  He only uses it for our own stuff, and we could have bought one of those hand held jobbies for that!!!!!

xx
Bigger Eggs

Started by garddwr on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 27, 2008, 19:45
by richyrich7
xx
Will my eggs get bigger?

Started by Bogof on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 21:58
by ex-cavator
xx
A bit bigger than your average chicken.

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post March 17, 2008, 21:22
by Bodger
xx
NewScientist states"Hens with bigger 'hairdos' get more

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 18:57
by too many girls

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 38 queries.