Shed help please

• 9 Replies

themoog

• Experienced Member
Shed help please
« on: September 26, 2008, 12:13 »
After what seems like a lifetime searching t'internet, I'm no closer to finding a shed for my allotment. It's a quarter plot but could manage a 6x4 or smaller. I'd like a pent with a window if possible.

So far, so good, but! I'm not very good at putting such things up and neither is hubby. Friends will help but we can't find a good time. I can find companies that will erect the shed, but not deliver to where I live (N. Wales) and companies that will deliver, but not put it up and companies that will not deliver to all to an allotment site as it's 50 yards from the road!

So...please help. Does anyone know of reputable suppliers who might fit the bill? It's getting desperate :shock:. I need:
* a good quality 6x4 or smaller T&G pent shed
* delivered to an alloment in N. Wales
* Erected for me

Am I asking for the moon on a stick? :roll:
My music teacher was right. If you have to make a mistake, make it good and big and loud; with a bit of luck people will think that it was always meant to be like that.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Shed help please
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:49 »
Have you tried local garden centre's or local handyman service ? My Bro' does loads of this kind of work around here
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

themoog

• Experienced Member
Shed help please
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 19:41 »
Thanks, I hadn't though of getting a handyman to put it up (obvious when someone else suggests it  :lol: ). The garden centres round here are extortionate, so back to t'internet. At least it makes my search that little bit easier.

Oddly, there are loads of companies in Liverpool, but as soon as you mention North Wales, there is lots of sucking of teeth and 'we don't go south of the river at this time of night' noises. It's not as if I live in the back of beyond!

Thanks for your help  :D

Bombers

Shed help please
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 20:18 »
Don't know whether you spotted this on another thread, but word has it B&cue have a sale on tomorrow. £75!  :wink:
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
Shed help please
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 20:55 »
Quote from: "srebmob"
Don't know whether you spotted this on another thread, but word has it B&cue have a sale on tomorrow. £75!  :wink:

Corr good tip ! diy.com at midnight then  :lol:

Bombers

Shed help please
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 21:28 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"

Not quite sure abowt it now. Had another look, and it appears you have to buy 2 packs?? - does that mean 2 x £75??? still not a bad price though :?

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
Shed help please
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 21:38 »

Not quite sure abowt it now. Had another look, and it appears you have to buy 2 packs?? - does that mean 2 x £75??? still not a bad price though :?

No it's just B&Q's stupid pricing  :roll:  I used to work for them and it's stupid stock control.

Bombers

Shed help please
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 21:48 »

No it's just B&Q's stupid pricing  :roll:  I used to work for them and it's stupid stock control.

So £75 for a 6ft x 5' 8 1/2" shed.. That is correct do you think? WOW that is cheap! :shock:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
Shed help please
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 21:54 »
Sounds correct to me  :D  but probably only few in every store  :( get in quick if your going and good luck  :D

I went B&Q the other day, just before we left home I spent a few minutes rifling thro my wallet, "what you looking for" says my OH, my discount card I replied then realised I'd left about 2005  :oops:  :lol:

noshed

Shed help please
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 22:29 »
I have put up a 6x4 shed and it's not hard. Do you not know any intelligent 12 year-old girls? The busybody ones are the ones you want, they are great at DIY.
Failing that, have a shed party, a few cans of beer and a barbecue should do it.
Just try to level the ground off before you start - this is quite important.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

question
7 x 4 shed for under £100??????

Started by sarac on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 21:02
by Twoflower
xx
What do you have in your shed?

Started by Tigerhair on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 19:18
by rainie
xx
Shed

Started by CarlC on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post February 26, 2009, 20:04
by BestBreast
xx
First Shed

Started by Adams-patch on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post January 02, 2012, 23:59
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 38 queries.