Grrr! moan!

• 11 Replies

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Grrr! moan!
« on: March 16, 2007, 15:03 »
just havin' a bit of a moan. I promised my lad we would go buy feeders this weekend, but the house still aint finished. Im having heck of a job getting wheels to put it on, got a pair of a golf trolly but not sturdy enough, no one on freecycle seems to have any either, and dont fancy paying the cost of decent ones new. :x

Ive now found ive been given a deadline - me mam and grandad are coming to visit in early april and expect the chooks to be there for them to see :shock:

just narked i cant get on with the job :cry:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

milkman

Grrr! moan!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 16:13 »
crikey zak rabbit I've never heard a man have so much trouble moving his hen house from where he built it to where the chooks want it  :roll:

Do you know anyone with a trailer with foldy downy sides that you could borrow and hoike it onto (with assistance), wheel it into position then worry about permanent wheels at a later date?

If this takes too much longer I'm gonna have to send in Chairman Munty to sort you out - this is worse than watching John not-erecting a second hand greenhouse for months on end!!!  :wink:
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

noshed

Grrr! moan!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 16:26 »
The wheels at the bottom of wheely bins are sturdy - see if the council has some old ones. The ones our council use are on quite a strong axle with a pop-on fitting you just prise off with a screwdriver. You could extend the axle to size witha bit of pipe.
Just a suggestion.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Grrr! moan!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 16:26 »
How big is it Zak?  the hen house that is, when OH built my small one, 3ft x 5ft ish, he put metal skids underneath, and when he wants to move it, he puts a chain on a big hook on the bottom and hauls it around.  Its a bit heavy for me, but he has bigger muscles than I have!!!! lol

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Grrr! moan!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 17:06 »
Its where it needs to be, i had my inlaws help me carry that (and my bruvva in law Chris aint a little lad!) Its just until i get it on wheels i cant decide how much more framework is needed on the run to prevent anything getting in from underneath, as the run butts up to one side of the house.

I wondered about bin wheels, but our council dont seem too helpful, i asked down the tip but they couldnt even be bothered to come out the hut.

Muntjak in fact said he has some wheels i could have, trouble is hes a long way away! If i have no luck i might have to look into the postage for 'em

the house is about 4ft x 6ft x 5-6ft height (sloping roof), if you look on my blog theres a photo of me next to it for comparison (im 5'3 ish). Focus has some wide small wheels about 6inch, for £6 a piece, might see if they are strong enough

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Grrr! moan!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 17:39 »
Quote from: "milkman"

If this takes too much longer I'm gonna have to send in Chairman Munty to sort you out - this is worse than watching John not-erecting a second hand greenhouse for months on end!!!  :wink:

Now that was cutting - I'm deeply wounded! :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Grrr! moan!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 18:27 »
Id love a chance to not erect a 2nd hand greenhouse, but no one has given me one, so i have to just sit around and not not erect one :?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Grrr! moan!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 19:01 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Poor you Zak  :roll:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Grrr! moan!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 20:10 »
You could try freecycle for the wheels or the second ( not to be erected ) greenhouse  :lol:

I've got some old toy pram wheels but I think they would be too thin else you could have em.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

mercury

Grrr! moan!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 21:06 »
Zak, what about wheelbarrow wheels, you can usually find old wheelbarrows in skips scrapyards ect. :)

muntjac

Grrr! moan!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 01:01 »
erm for moving it have you considered 6 x?  10 inch plastic piping .or even decent logs ? werked for the egyptians .. or even an old disabled cart from freecyle
still alive /............

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Grrr! moan!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 08:13 »
pipes/logs would have been great before i put it on legs! :D

my own fault really, should have considered this before i designed it1 :oops:

xx
Grrr foxes

Started by too many girls on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post June 22, 2009, 12:25
by too many girls
angry
GRRR CROWS, anyone else got the problem feed grabbers?

Started by IMOmimey on The Hen House

47 Replies
Last post October 28, 2009, 14:23
by Roughlee Handled

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 35 queries.