First Cut

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

First Cut
« on: March 07, 2020, 10:41 »
My mower went away for a service and came back yesterday.   As it was such a sunny day I gave the lawn a first cut on the high setting.   Looks ok from a distance.    My wellies were making heel dents in the lawn, so I had to change them for old flat trainers.    But because it is so soft, it gave me a change to remove a couple of flat leaf dandelions.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

Re: First Cut
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 06:23 »
Snap!

I did the first cut here too, Mrs B, and also the verge outside.

Once it's been done, all the other jobs needed start to appear, so yesterday was a snowdrop-debunching operation, and highly satisfying it was too!

jezza

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 11:57 »
Hello I have tried first cut but had to leave it,mower needs tracks big mower will need duels wheels for most first cuts  jezza

wighty

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 17:18 »
We thought about it but on looking at the grass it is still so wet that it would have just clogged up the m ower.  I'd love to have got that job out of the way but I guess I'll just have to be           patient.  Weeded the front garden instead though.

MrsPea

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 19:07 »
We gave ours a first cut a few weeks ago 2nd one today there seems to be a lot of moss in the front one all looking good for a few weeks now, now to sow a few things in green house.
Like my husband keeps saying the 'seasons upon me now'   :D
I Love my green house

jezza

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 16:20 »
Hello I got first cut of lawn this morning had to use roller rotary now I can get moss killer on then give it a good scaryfy  jezza

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 39 queries.