Newbie to this site.

• 3 Replies

becky

• Experienced Member
    • http://chickentopia.blogspot.com/
Newbie to this site.
« on: March 20, 2006, 20:17 »
Hi there everyone. I just thought i would introduce myself, as i have just registered with this fab site! :D
   I am 26, and have had my allotment now for two years, and after a mammoth clearing session in the begining, (succession had started, and woodland was taking over the plot i took over, trees of 15ft had to be cleared!), this year looks hopefull!
  I have four chooks that keep me company on digging days, and entertain my daughter and the foxes the rest of the time. This year also saw the addition of my grandads old merrytiller, which works after a year and a half of just sitting around! Bonus!
   Teddies are in, as are beetroot, onions, rocket, parsnips, carrots, raspberries, currents, and my mums old rhubarb.
   Currently can't wait for the better weather, as i looked in last years diary, and saw that the temp' this time last year was 19 degrees!
   I live in hope, and so do the chooks! Bye for now.
Peas out!

ged

Newbie to this site.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 18:36 »
Hi Becky ... good to see another newbie on the site ... and theres me complaining I have couch grass and bindweed!!!! Sounds like the weather is alot warmer down there than here, we still have frosts hanging over our heads in Berkshire!
I 'll be on the lottie this w/e with the better half and daughters 1 & 2 ... well 2 has chicken pox and is just crawling (9 months!!) and big sister wont lend her precious trowel that dad gave her!!!!
I'm really excited that after a 3 year wait my family can finally grow their own.
All the best
ged  :wink:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Newbie to this site.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 21:15 »
Hi Becky and Ged.  I've only been here for a couple of weeks too, and I think you'll find that in the 2 weeks since I joined, there have been about 10 of us newbies asking the 'experts' loads of questions.  Its still cold up here in Lincolnshire too.  Supposed to be about -4 tonight!!!  I've got nothing in the ground yet, but lots of seeds in the greenhouse, but I've run out of gas for my heater I bought 2nd hand, so I've been out tonight and covered them all in fleece!  Hope they are okay.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Newbie to this site.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 23:14 »
Hi Becky and Welcome!

Beautiful Devon seems to enjoy a better climate than Cheshire - you lucky person.

Don't be afraid to jump in if you know the answer to questions on here - what I love about growing is that 3 gardeners will result in 4 opinions :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

xx
newbie to site and allotments

Started by blakey1986 on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post September 14, 2012, 09:24
by Kirpi
question
Preparing a new site - a few questions from a newbie

Started by WeeJo on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 25, 2010, 15:05
by Fisherman
xx
our site

Started by kenny199 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post December 31, 2010, 19:04
by kenny199
xx
new site

Started by purplenic on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post May 25, 2008, 17:02
by purplenic

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 34 queries.