Tayberry gin.

• 3 Replies

A Reyt Tayty

Tayberry gin.
« on: October 09, 2013, 18:44 »
I've just filtered some Tayberry gin I've had on the go for 3 months. Simple to do. 1 litre thermos, 4 oz on sugar, add 1 pt of gin, bang in as many tayberries as you can till it's up to the top. Shake daily. Leave for 3 months. It's well nice.

I have read it's better not to add sugar at the start as it stops the natural sugars of the fruit being absorbed, but it tastes grand the way I do it. Start on some sloe gin tomorrrow. :)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
Re: Tayberry gin.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 18:47 »
That sounds brilliant and I shall start some off on Friday (when I next go shopping!) as I have lots of tayberries frozen for use  :D

Thanks for the idea, ART  :)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

A Reyt Tayty

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 19:13 »
You will enjoy it I'm sure. It comes out a realy deep ruby colour and the taste is something else. Better than sloe gin in my opinion ( and everyone else who has had a taste). I did some last year and I've had more people wanting me to do them a tayberry cutting.

Newportalien

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 05:25 »
I've never tried tayberries before. This years crop of raspberries ,blackberries avnt been wasted. Gin and vodka have been infused. Not a lover of sloe gin etc. This years growth has been sporadic.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 34 queries.