Qualcast Cultimatic DeLuxe spares

• 2 Replies

Gardener1

Qualcast Cultimatic DeLuxe spares
« on: November 29, 2011, 21:51 »
Hello
I am trying to bring back to life a fire-damaged 1978 Qualcast Cultimatic Deluxe.
Two things that were damaged (apart from the engine and belts:) were the following

Ref No 18: Part No L17331 Reverse pulley (the one with the fibre friction part which engages  the vee drive pulley
Ref No 61: Part No L17262 Jockey pulley.
Does anyone know of a source of such parts?
Or the exact dimensions to see if they could be fabricated
Or know of other models which share these components

I don't have an engine to look at as it was just a puddle of alloy and a crankshaft and valve.  I am told by Briggs & Stratton that the original engine used on this machine was a Model 100232 0564 01 side valve unit. This is now replaced with an OHV Model 13H332 2116 B8 which is available to order via a local dealer.  Obviously I would like to source a used engine.  Would anyone have a cross reference showing other equipment using either of these engines or a 5hp one like Model 1302(00)?

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Re: Qualcast Cultimatic DeLuxe spares
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:32 »
I’m afraid that I don’t know much about the Cultimatic deluxe, but am fairly well up on B & S side valve engines. Your old one was a 4hp pulsa-jet with a flange on the timing case and roller bearing crankshaft. 4hp “horizontal crankshaft” engines are not that common but 2.5 to 5hp B & S side valve engines had similar mountings and crank height so a 5hp would fit. (there are still a few “new old stock” 3.5hp side valves about). Because they were used on many different things, the crankshaft was available with different ends so you have to get an engine with the same crank, probably ¾” dia with a 3/16” keyway. If something mounted on the flange round the crankshaft you will need an engine with a similar flange. Ebay is a good source of used engines.
Contacts in the “trade” did a lot of grumbling about how Bosch had ruined the Qualcast spares system a few years back so I recon you will have to find a dealership with old stock to get the parts you need. Bartram Mowers do Qualcast spares on-line, and tillerparts buy up old rotavator parts from dealers, then sell them on.
Regards, Richard
R Tallentire

AlanSmith

Re: Qualcast Cultimatic DeLuxe spares
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 15:05 »
Hi,

I've just bought a qualcast cultimatic deluxe from ebay.

Perhaps we can help each other out here. I can send you any photos or dimensions you require. Maybe you can answer me a question.

On the handle bars is 2 "bicycle like brake handles" ... the one of the left, when pressed causes the blades to rotate.

But what does the one on the right do? It appears to bring a bar down onto the larger of the wheels, but doesn't appear to do anything.

Perhaps it needs to be adjusted.

I thought it might be brake, or maybe a "reverse" option, but I'm at a loss to explain !!

xx
Qualcast Cultimatic DeLuxe REPAIR

Started by SARKH on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 07, 2014, 18:06
by SARKH
xx
Cultimatic Deluxe vee belts

Started by Lorenzo Forte on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post February 05, 2022, 16:35
by R Tallentire
xx
my qualcast cultimatic?

Started by new_2_veg on Equipment Shed

53 Replies
Last post September 26, 2007, 22:13
by new_2_veg
clip
Qualcast Cultimatic Oil Level

Started by michael8554 on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post November 22, 2017, 09:45
by R Tallentire

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 34 queries.