Wolf-Garten GmbH saved by US firm

• 1 Replies

ouessant

Wolf-Garten GmbH saved by US firm
« on: February 10, 2009, 17:32 »
Wolf-Garten is pleased to confirm that is has found a buyer in the form of US garden manufacturer MTD.

The news was announced late Wednesday afternoon (Feb 4) and a pre-contract has been signed whereby MTD has bought "substantially the entire WOLF-Garten organisation".

Wolf-Garten UK marketing manager Karina Wysom said: "There is a meeting next week between MTD and WOLF-Garten senior management to discuss plans to develop the business in the future but we have been assured that they wish to continue to maintain and develop the Wolf brand in the UK."

She explained that MTD had injected "sufficient funds" to allow Wolf-Garten to get production up and running again in its German factories. As a result, it is hoped that production will begin again Monday, February 9 and supply should be back to normal within a couple of weeks.

Ms Wysom added: "As we still have a supply of stock in the UK, customers should not have been affected by our temporary halt in production."

For now, the tool company says it is "business as usual" and, for the short term at least, there will be no effect on existing employees at the Wolf office in Worcester.

Wolf-Garten GmbH entered administration last month after it experienced severe cash flow problems.

Ms Wysom concluded: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank our customers for their outstanding support and understanding during what has been an extremely difficult time for us all."

Browser

• Experienced Member
Re: Wolf-Garten GmbH saved by US firm
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33 »
Didn't realise Wolf Garten were in trouble :ohmy: I'd be seriously peeved if they disappeared as their range of tools suits me down to the ground. I bought their longest handle to go with the hoe head I already had last year as I found I was suffering from a stiff back using a more 'normal' length one as I has to bend/stoop (I'm 6ft 5 in tall). After trying mine, Mrs Browser asked for one for Christmas (the hoe you filthy lot! :tongue2:) as she is 6ft tall and found it suited her very well too!
Blimey! You mean you can *grow* things in soil?

xx
Wolf Garten Ridger

Started by fatcat1955 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post April 05, 2013, 17:09
by fatcat1955
xx
Wolf Garten tools

Started by The Red Baron on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post September 29, 2013, 20:13
by Headgardener22
xx
Wolf Garten Tools

Started by ouessant on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post November 11, 2008, 18:21
by ouessant
xx
Wolf Garten tools.....

Started by toto691 on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post October 03, 2006, 06:13
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 38 queries.