The best Hoe I have ever had.

• 35 Replies

Trillium

Re: The best Hoe I have ever had.
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 15:20 »
Growster, if those oldster garden tools need a newer home, you know who to contact   ;)

Growster...

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 17:24 »
They really are lovely to handle, Trills! The draw hoe has an elegant swan-neck, and is perfectly balanced to pull out a drill for carrots etc, which is exactly what I've just been doing!

A lot of the old boys made hoes from bending or welding a fork head at right angles to the shaft, and there's one in the bundle as well - it's dead easy to use too!

Unless the family show signs of wanting more tools, the idea is to leave them for others when we eventually pick the last cabbage on the plot - in a manner of speaking...;0)

Growster...

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2013, 17:27 »
What I liked about the Wilkinson Sword/Fiskars swoe was the long aluminium handle which made it really light and easy to use. We liked it so much we bought one for an elderly neighbour who had borrowed ours and really liked it. Its weight is ideal for someone who has less mobility. I saw one going cheap in TK Maxx.

All good points, Boardy!

Just half an hour ago, I was discussing the merits of Swoes, and the other chap said that it was also the right length for him at over six ft, and he could use one all day because he didn't have to bend very much!

simbamara

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 11:17 »
After having had a look at quite a range at a garden centre,its a Dutch Hoe for me !!

grendel

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 12:58 »
the best hoe I have ever had is this one, cuts and lifts weeds on both the pull and the push, was bought a while back at a boot fair, along with a nice rake.
Grendel
IMG_3278 (Small).JPG
IMG_3279 (Small).JPG
IMG_3280 (Small).JPG
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

telsteph

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 23:01 »
Just bought a  'Wolf Garten' Swoe attachment £12.79 from my local garden centre, can't wait to use it  :tongue2:

Tel Steph

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 28 queries.