Cut price Christmas trees

• 19 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: Cut price Christmas trees
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 02:26 »
It is possible to have your artificial tree and compost it.. My parents had a recycled pure white tree that I took round to them in desperation one year. My father wouldn't buy one and I had an old one from school that was no longer wanted.

It did the job two years running shedding slips of white paper everywhere so eventually was shaken over the compost heap leaving little more than a wire-frame. :lol:

Festivals from other religions?

Ice it’s nice to see the forum open to suggestions. Perhaps someone will have some ideas for the future.  :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Trillium

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 04:13 »
Unfortunately plastic stems and needles of my tree won't compost well.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 07:07 »
Aha!

If Paul was in our HLC he would have seen the enthusiasm Diwali generated there -- and no, I am not Hindu  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any excuse amongst us to dress up and discuss delicious food and family parties, and remenisc about the old days ......
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Mrs Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 09:48 »
I have been suggesting just having our artificial white stick twig tree with the built in sparkly lights as our main tree for a couple of years but usually get browbeaten into getting a real tree 'cos it doesn't smell the same. :(

We save the tree for the following Christmas to burn at the winter solstice BBQ bonfire.

Due to time restraints last year and this year we haven't been able to do it so have a backlog.

As for celebrating other festivals, I am always up for a festival and the different customs. When teaching we made a big fuss of all the festivals and it was lovely with all our parents coming in and sharing their food and customs.

Chinese New Year in China town is amazing, crowded but absolutely amazing.  :D :D :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 23:14 »
Aha!

If Paul was in our HLC he would have seen the enthusiasm Diwali generated there -- and no, I am not Hindu  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any excuse amongst us to dress up and discuss delicious food and family parties, and remenisc about the old days ......

Many moons ago we enjoyed various different religious festivals in our school The children often asked if they could tell others about their special days so needed little prompting It was a great way of learnig for us all

xx
T & M Half-price fruit trees 'till 7th Nov.

Started by Auntiemogs on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post November 02, 2011, 14:10
by Auntiemogs
xx
D.T.Brown Half Price Bareroot Fruit Trees

Started by Auntiemogs on Frugal Living

23 Replies
Last post April 01, 2012, 13:02
by Auntiemogs
xx
Bargain Christmas trees!!

Started by matilda333 on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post December 24, 2010, 20:16
by matilda333
xx
1/2 price seeds

Started by flowergirl on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post August 15, 2007, 10:11
by Lynne

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 28 queries.