Jeyes Fluid

• 20 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Jeyes Fluid
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 23:50 »
All the copper products have come under increasing testing, I believe it's only a matter of time before they are all banned.
If it was just Bayer withdrawing it, it don't think it would have a must be used by date. It would just be stocked 'til it was all sold. It's regulations making it illegal to be sold.
Cupravit 35 is a product approved for organic farms (not for amateur growers) - so usage is more controlled.

Trikidiki

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 08:58 »
All the copper products have come under increasing testing,......

ALL products have come under increasing testing!  This is why the manufacturers only want to continue with lines which are most profitable and let you believe it is regulation that has lead to the other products being removed.

......I believe it's only a matter of time before they are all banned. ,......

Are the products banned or unlicenced, if the manufacturers decide there is a profit to be made they could pay to have the product relicenced

.....It's regulations making it illegal to be sold......

They became illegal to sell as their licence had expired and the manufacturers decided not to renew the licence (probably for financial reasons). The authorities did not decide to revoke the licences. Their 'removal' was driven by the manufacturers.

There are some products that have been removed for health or environmental reasons, it is convenient for the manufacturers to hide behind this smoke screen.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 09:48 »
By way of an example:

"Dithane" was replaced by Bayer with "Bayer's  Fruit & Vegetable Disease Control", this was then withdrawn, not due to its copper content as they still sell "copper oxychloride" the active constituent , in other products such as Cupravit 35 in Italy. 'Copper oxychloride' is also still available in the UK as a plant nutrient.
It is approved under EC Regulation 1107/2009 until at least 31/1/2018 and  "is not considered to be a risk to game and wildlife when used as directed."

So did Bayer stop producing "Bayer's  Fruit & Vegetable Disease Control" for environmental reasons?

You can still buy it on Amazon quite readily, complete with its copper content .....
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Trikidiki

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 11:15 »
You can still buy it on Amazon quite readily, complete with its copper content .....

At £35 for six sachets, I think someone has some old stock and is 'cashing in' on the fact that it is wanted but not generally available. You can also buy 'Dithane 945'.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 11:26 »
All the copper products have come under increasing testing,......

ALL products have come under increasing testing!  This is why the manufacturers only want to continue with lines which are most profitable and let you believe it is regulation that has lead to the other products being removed.

......I believe it's only a matter of time before they are all banned. ,......

Are the products banned or unlicenced, if the manufacturers decide there is a profit to be made they could pay to have the product relicenced

.....It's regulations making it illegal to be sold......

They became illegal to sell as their licence had expired and the manufacturers decided not to renew the licence (probably for financial reasons). The authorities did not decide to revoke the licences. Their 'removal' was driven by the manufacturers.

There are some products that have been removed for health or environmental reasons, it is convenient for the manufacturers to hide behind this smoke screen.

Isn't that what I said  ???  Manufacturers either decide they are not making enough money out of a product to bother with the licensing fees, or they get told it is banned by the powers that be.  They don't voluntarily impose a self made ban on lines they want to carry on selling.

As far as I know Bayer haven't released a new product to replace the Fruit & Vegetable Disease Control, so they either find it unprofitable to produce or they see all copper based products seem to be going the same way and so they are flogging a dead horse with this one. 

Trikidiki

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 13:19 »
Sorry, my comments were more directed to others who are of the opinion that the products are banned due to health or environmental reasons.

As far as I know Bayer haven't released a new product to replace the Fruit & Vegetable Disease Control.....

Yet still suggest its use on their website.  ::)

xx
jeyes fluid

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post June 28, 2015, 14:44
by sunshineband
xx
Jeyes Fluid

Started by The Golden Heap on Grow Your Own

45 Replies
Last post September 02, 2016, 15:48
by Aled
xx
jeyes fluid

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post July 23, 2012, 18:49
by Aunt Sally
xx
Jeyes fluid

Started by Dean H on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post February 03, 2010, 09:23
by stompy

Page created in 0.371 seconds with 40 queries.