Our kitten Mili is missing- FOUND

• 28 Replies

Oliveview

Our kitten Mili is missing- FOUND
« on: April 26, 2012, 19:32 »
Mili has just started to leave the garden, up until the past few days she was happy to stay inside.  She went out into the garden at 3.30pm when we returned home, we have not seen her since, it is now 8.30pm.  She is a tiny thing, just 7 months old.  I am worried sick.
We have been out calling her for ages, walking in the olive groves around our house.  I saw a few dogs out, in the olive grove behind our neighbours house, we went over and called and looked for her but no sign.  I just hope the dogs have not killed her.  
Miki our other cat came back, but not Mili.

Pamela
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:13 by oliveview »

snowdrops

Re: Our kitten Mili is missing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 19:40 »
Oh dear will she come for food maybe?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 19:53 »
Try not to worry too much I have a 9 month old kitten called peppa who is also very small (about six month old size) she was really shy and wouldn't go outside for weeks when we first started letting her out and then it took her weeks to go any further then the patio! She's oly just started to go out of the garden and one night she didn't come home till half ten !!!! Even tho I'd been out calling her and shaking the treats tin... I guess she was just out having fun

grendel

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 20:07 »
good luck with finding her, we live too near a main road so our cats only go out on harnesses, we generally link two cats together on about 10 feet of lead, this allows them to explore the garden to their hearts content as long as they co-operate, but then we only let them out there when we are there. check with any neighbours who have sheds or garages.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

maxyboo

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 20:14 »
Try not to worry too much just yet. I know it's horrible. My cat went missing for 3 days recently following the loss of his sister. I was in pieces. 

Can you ask your neighbours if you can look in their garden or if they have seen her? As Grendel says it is possible she is shut in someones garage or shed by accident.

If she has been scared by something, like the dogs, she may have run and hidden somewhere and will not come out until she feels safe even if you do call her. Generally they do not go far though so do keep looking and rattling her food bowl but make sure you have a good look under hedges and up trees etc as she may be sitting there watching you.

It really is early yet so she may just stroll in wondering what all the fuss is about.

I really hope she turns up soon.

Oliveview

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 20:46 »
I have rattled and bashed the food dish, she normally comes as soon as we call her, she is more like a dog than a cat, infact she is normally better than our dogs for coming to a call  :lol:  I hand reared her from 3 days, I was given 2 kittens after the mother was killed on the road, Mili is the only survivor of 5 or 6 kittens.  I have been calling everywhere, walked all around the olivegroves about our house, up to the main road and along the track.  I have asked neighbours too. I don´t think I will sleep well tonight.

Pamela

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 21:05 »
Fingers crossed x
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 21:14 »
I hope that she strolls back in as if it is normal for her to be out so late.  Then you can tell her off and give her something nice to eat!   ::)

They do like to keep us on our toes.  Fingers crossed that she is home soon.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

maxyboo

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 21:59 »
I know something of how you must be feeling. I raised my boy from less than a week old after he was found in the middle of the road. You do bond to them. When he disappeared I stayed up all night just in case he came back. I searched the village for 3 days and had all the neighbours looking for him. When he did reappear 3 nights later he just came running into the house yelling his head off as if to say, "Wake up. I'm hungry"! I remember the previous thread about your little one and don't know if it is much comfort but we wil be thinking of you tonight and hope she comes marching in soon.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 22:05 by maxyboo »

Oliveview

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 22:06 »
We thought we heard her meowing a little while ago, coming from the giant pine tree in Juans garden, but we could see no sign of her, trouble is her colouring isn´t good for hunting for her.  We are not sure if the sound was Mili meowing or the weathervane / thingy on top of the chimney making a noise.  Mili is a very vocal cat when she wants to be.  I have a pounding head ache, I am hungry but too ´sick feeling´to eat.

Pamela

spottymint

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 22:29 »
Hi

I hope she turns up soon.

Not sure on fir trees, but conifers are a cat nightmare.

The branches curve upwards making it easy for a cat to climb up - but not down.  :(

My cat as a kid vanished for 3 days, found up a conifer, after a failed atempt by a window cleaner, RSPCA, the firemen won & saved the day.

I'd keep an eye on the tree, could be where she is stuck.

Oliveview

Re: Our kitten Mili is missing- FOUND
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 06:22 »
I could not sleep so at 2.30am I was back calling for Mili, I thought I heard her meow.... but only once, I was not sure if I had imagined it.  I went to Juans garden, but no more meows.  We were up at 6.30 and went down the garden calling her, we were sure we heard another meow.... we  stood under the tree calling, but no more meows.  I came home for our dog Lola, Mili loves Lola..... As soon as we got to Juans garden with Lola Mili started to yell and there she was.... in the pine tree.  She started to come down as far as she could, so we got Juans ladder and Jim got her down.  We bought her home and she made straight for the cat litter tray and did a long pee!  She has just eaten and she is wanting out..... no way!! 
I walked miles yesterday calling her, I was convinced the dogs in the olive grove had got her.  Jim even said he did not think we would see her again. Why on earth did she not meow at 6pm when we first started hunting for her???? Silly cat.
I feel as if I have been on the booze all night.  That is twice now up the pine tree (a different one) for Miki and Mili´s first  :wacko:  Silly cats, you would think next doors big dogs would have put them off!

Pamela

Springlands

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 07:23 »
Phew - that is good news that you found Mili - hard to believe she is 9 months now. It just seems like yesterday when you first told us about her.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 07:25 »
so pleased to read that she is back safe and sound xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

grendel

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 08:03 »
so glad she has come home.
Grendel

xx
how can i tell if kitten mili is in season?

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

19 Replies
Last post March 15, 2012, 08:39
by ANHBUC
xx
Mili´s ears (our kitten)

7 Replies
Last post June 10, 2012, 17:23
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Our big kitten Miki went missing

4 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 10:31
by spottymint
xx
Feisty Kitten Milly and bigger kitten Miki (photos with luck)

14 Replies
Last post November 08, 2011, 22:46
by freebirdy

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.