Need help- baby chick about 1-2 days old- photo on page 2

• 35 Replies

Oliveview

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 12:02 »
Chick died :cry:   I´ve buried her in the garden, in my flower bed.  I was going along the lane and by the neighbours house I saw a mother ´Americano´hen (tiny breed here) with 6 baby chicks, they looked exactly like my chick, so that must have been chicks Mum and family.  I guess my chick got left behind and another bird attacked her.
I did my best, it wasn´t to be. :cry:
Pamela

Vember

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 13:13 »
Pamela  :cry:
Don't be hard on yourself, what would have happened to chick if you hadn't of rescued her ??

You did a great job and she did at least die in a nice loving environment rather than being attacked and left all alone :(

Sarah :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 13:40 »
Aww, so sorry about your little chicky and just read about your other hen too Pamela!  It is always so sad when we lose any, but such is nature I'm afraid.

We have another chick with funny legs.  I've tried taping her up like they do with splayed leg, but she just falls over forwards as its the lower leg that is weak, not the thighs.  So she's in one box in the dining area and the little Amberlink that was really badly pecked is in another much larger box.  Her skin has grown over her back which was pecked to the backbone, but no feathers and she has these little sores which worry me, but I keep her moist wth baby oil or vaseline.  She is sooo tiny though, half the size of the others.

Brian should just cull them I suppose, but we always think where there's life there's hope!!!

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 16:14 »
thats why we are the mothers annie i think...soft hearts and do anything for our kids pets etc... not to say that dads dont make fab dads, but as a complete generalisation (which i know i shouldnt do but i am going to and will wait for the onslaught) who is it that the kids go to when they are hurt? mummy... cos mummies are best when you poorly...

I am sorry to hear about your lil chickie pamela... guess it had all just been too much for the little chap/pess...at least it was somewhere warm and cosy, and had had something in its tum....wasnt just left at the roadside...*hugs from here*

mother hen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 22:50 »
:cry: so sorry chick didnt make it and then loosing your hen too. At least you did your best and chick was surrounded by love.  Hope the sun shines tommorow.
janet

karlooben

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2008, 19:56 »
i have enjoyed reading all the psots about u an your chick an i was really really looking forward to a very happy ending ,but it was not meant to be  :cry:  but at least that little gem went happy  :lol:  an she had a little taste of pure T.L.C .

good on you for doing your best
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

xx
side mounted nest/egg laying box (now with photo on page 2)

Started by new_2_veg on The Hen House

25 Replies
Last post April 26, 2008, 21:46
by new_2_veg
xx
Sorry More Baby Photo's

Started by Vember on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post July 09, 2008, 21:43
by Foxy
xx
Chick update, 25 days old

Started by Poolfield2 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 21:22
by Jellyhead
xx
First baby chick!

Started by mdueal on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post April 08, 2008, 16:49
by Jellyhead

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 35 queries.