Electric scooters… what do you think ?

• 47 Replies

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Electric scooters… what do you think ?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2021, 13:46 »
Mr G. A friend of mine has an electric trike.  How cool is that  :D

Growster...

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2021, 14:50 »
Mr G. A friend of mine has an electric trike.  How cool is that  :D

Years ago, Aunt, I had a 'Mobylette' moped, which had a tiny engine, and when hills got tough, you had to pedal!

I got the thing for £19.00 from Styles in Battle, and the first day I rode it, back to see a gorgeous, lovely aunt - back in Battle again, the carburettor fell apart miles out and I had to walk, pushing it all the way into town!

Lesson learnt - never trust a carb...

The bike Mrs Growster bought me five years ago does everything I need around here, but that hill in Stream Lane can be a bit of a b*****...

rowlandwells

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2021, 18:02 »
with the roads and paths round here its a wonder they don't pre-book a visit to A&E  what I can't get my head round is I'm told when i go out with my cycle i need to wear a cycle hat encase i should fall of but the speed these scooter go with no protection should the rider be involved in an  accident it could be fatal

and that's not thinking about the pedestrian who may be seriously injured being involved in a collision with one of these scooters we have already seen someone knocked over by biker and dying from there injuries could this happen with a scooter rider i ask myself?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2021, 19:21 »
It also happens with mobility scooters/vehicles.  They drive on the pavements and there's no concessions round here by many of the drivers for pedestrians!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Growster...

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2021, 06:49 »
I sympathise, Yorkie!

One way to get your own back when you see one coming, is to deploy the 'anti-chuggers emplacement'.

This means that when you see the offender, (silly little chugger, prancing around showing some sort of clipboard), turn away with a mobile phone in your hand, and pretend to chat. Make sure you're in their way, and they have to stop! Take no notice of them while they struggle past, place mobile back in pocket and walk on - usually with a small smile...

Works every time!

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2021, 14:04 »
with the roads and paths round here its a wonder they don't pre-book a visit to A&E  what I can't get my head round is I'm told when i go out with my cycle i need to wear a cycle hat encase i should fall of but the speed these scooter go with no protection should the rider be involved in an  accident it could be fatal

and that's not thinking about the pedestrian who may be seriously injured being involved in a collision with one of these scooters we have already seen someone knocked over by biker and dying from there injuries could this happen with a scooter rider i ask myself?

The City of Atlanta started taking notice of the risk to scooter users after there were fatalities. Usually scooter riders going into traffic or crossing roads through intersections without regard to cars and trucks. Some level of regulation followed after the accidents.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2021, 15:29 »
It’s a shame that people have to be injured or killed before the authorities take action.

Growster...

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2021, 17:39 »
It’s a shame that people have to be injured or killed before the authorities take action.

In our village, the measure is taken by the level of 'KSIs' (killed or seriously injured). KCC use these figures and refuse to do anything about dangerous driving until the numbers are over a certain threshold.

Meanwhile, the quality of life is reduced by morons belting around at high speed, idiots who break every road law and generally make most citizens' lives a misery with their bad behaviour.

KCC even refused to replace a warning camera on a notorious stretch of road in a 30mph, after some lunatic ran into it and crashed it to the ground.

We don't have enough deaths or seriously injured citizens yet.

snowdrops

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2021, 22:35 »
It also happens with mobility scooters/vehicles.  They drive on the pavements and there's no concessions round here by many of the drivers for pedestrians!

Hence my post way back here

Are we talking scooters that you sit on if you have mobility issues or scooters that you stand on here. If so come on admit it as a kid you’d have loved one to stand on & as an adult you might need to have one of the others at some point.
Either way it’s as it always is & always will be, you get responsible people who care about others or tw@tswho don’t give a damn- I’m alright Jack,s@d anyone else

We have some maniac mobility scooter riders in our town who use our Main Street which is a good hill as an opportunity to go as fast as they can!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

al78

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2021, 14:12 »
I sympathise, Yorkie!

One way to get your own back when you see one coming, is to deploy the 'anti-chuggers emplacement'.

This means that when you see the offender, (silly little chugger, prancing around showing some sort of clipboard), turn away with a mobile phone in your hand, and pretend to chat. Make sure you're in their way, and they have to stop! Take no notice of them while they struggle past, place mobile back in pocket and walk on - usually with a small smile...

Works every time!

In other words, act like every other smart phone dumb user that thinks they can multitask but fails miserably inflicting inconvenience on everyone around them. Smartphones and dogs are two things that seem to disable the part of the brain that controls situational awareness.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2021, 16:03 »
You’ve obviously lost your sense of humour chip al78.  MrG often post tongue in cheek comments or solutions to life’s little problems but he is, in real life, an absolute gentleman. 

Growster...

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2021, 05:39 »
Thank you Aunty!

This is for you...

https://youtu.be/GugsCdLHm-Q

;0)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2021, 10:44 »
Thank you for that, Mr G.  One of Aunty’s favourites.   

Growster...

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2021, 13:45 »

So sad to hear that someone just like you popped off recently...

Seen the change:0~

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2021, 15:38 »

So sad to hear that someone just like you popped off recently...

Seen the change:0~

Aunty is in mourning, Mr G  :(

clip
We're going all electric!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post June 01, 2019, 21:01
by Growster...
xx
Electric drill

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post April 07, 2024, 19:39
by jaydig
xx
Electric drills in reverse!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post January 26, 2021, 15:47
by grinling
xx
Electric and Gas Smart meters

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post November 29, 2017, 18:55
by jezza

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 54 queries.