what greenhouse help

• 6 Replies

wozie

what greenhouse help
« on: November 10, 2010, 17:18 »
Hi all just joined so be gentle looking to buy a greenhouse a lean to  to put against a building, is cedar wood the best or aliminium ? any advice please or any good recomendations thanks all cheers

Gwiz

Re: what greenhouse help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:21 »
I think it's all down to personal preference, wozie.
I've got an aluminium greenhouse, but must admit I think a cedar wood one would look nicer, on the other hand, mines easy to clean.............

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:47 »
My free-standing greenhouse was bought from Homebase but turned out to be supplied by Halls.

I'm very pleased with the way it went together and the appearance; it's aluminium but with a supposedly durable green finish which you may feel blends in a bit better with its surroundings than the standard bare aluminium finish.

If you have a look at Hall's website you will find several lean-to's of this type, although you might find better prices by shopping around.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:13 »
It's said that the cedar greenhouses such as Alton are intrinsically better insulated but in the end it comes down to price

I'd love a cedar greenhouse I really would

I have two cheapo bog standard aluminium ones and a cheapo wooden one. I'd swap the lot for a good cedar one

N.WalesIdealist

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 17:43 »
All depends on what your preference is really, a metal construction will probably last longer, though the life expectancy of wooden constructions is getting longer.  The main attraction of wooden ones in my opinion os the appearance, and you'll usually find them cheaper.  The metal ones are available painted or galvanized in a number of different coulours though.

wozie

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 17:00 »
Hi thanks all yes got to agree wooden look nice and they are nice prices as well looked at gabriel ash ones and a cpompany called woodpecker  joinery,i,m also looking at hartley greenhouses in a nice colour well that is the wifes choice i just do as i,m told,will have to go and look at different models

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 17:19 »
One from Ebay cheap as Chip's all 3 of mine have come from the bay.
Thanks
Kris

xx
greenhouse

Started by noshed on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post December 27, 2006, 14:34
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
Best greenhouse

Started by timdunn on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post November 04, 2013, 09:11
by JayG
thumbdown
greenhouse

Started by EVIE on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post September 22, 2010, 19:14
by adal
clip
GG's greenhouse needs some TLC.

Started by Goosegirl on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post February 19, 2021, 13:21
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 37 queries.