Nothing fits, it's all the wrong size and in the wrong place

• 23 Replies

Lardman

"Nothing fits, it's all the wrong size and in the wrong place"..................... and there was me sympathising because I thought you'd been clothes shopping! That's exactly how I feel when I've had to shop for something to wear, and that's why I don't bother very often - I always come home depressed.

Bad lad !  :nowink: Lardy can shop off the peg at all good high street stores, just have to watch out for anything labelled tailored or fashion fit ::)

My garden is basically a cottage garden so if you want to go down that route, let me know.

You know I always like to look at pictures  ;) I have problems thinking in anything but square planting blocks so inspiration is always welcome.

I leave the top 120' or so of the garden wild, mainly because I haven't had chance to do anything with it.

plum crumble

is it WRONG WRONG WRONG of me to suggest getting rid of the chooks now, and redesigning the whole area?  :unsure:  :unsure:
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

jaydig

Lardy, I'm not a lad I'm a lady!

Lardman

is it WRONG WRONG WRONG of me to suggest getting rid of the chooks now, and redesigning the whole area?  :unsure:  :unsure:

Yes  ::) besides they've served well and the loss of 1 more season wont really hurt.

Lardy, I'm not a lad I'm a lady!

Good job I didn't post my original reply then  :ohmy: :ohmy:  ;) I'd have been on the naughty step for sure.

Sparkyrog

That is an easy mistake to make on here  :D :D :D :D :D
I cook therefore I grow

Goosegirl

Hi Lardman. Here are pics of part of my garden. Hope they can inspire you.  :)
Front garden looking west.jpg
Front garden looking east.jpg
027.jpg
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Robster

GG lovely garden.  Thanks for thee photo's.  Even Lardy in his slightly melancholic mood can't fail to be inspired

Lardman

Even Lardy in his slightly melancholic mood can't fail to be inspired

Im trying... it is nice to see something different. Driving around suburbia here, all you can see if perfectly edged lawns, standard cherry tree's, prostate acers and square cut leylandii. Oh and the odd bit of aubrieta stuck in a wall for colour and heaven forbid anything grow over 6ft and block out someone's light  :nowink:

I'll have the graph paper out and see if I can come out with something less square and regimented.

Goosegirl

To me, cottage gardens are made of swathes of tall and smaller plants where you can just let them get on with growing, bulking out and self-seeding. With your graph paper you can decide where your paths need to be (a curved one?) then try sowing some seeds such as foxgloves, red popppies, cornflowers, scented stocks - whatever is your fancy. I can recommend Geoff Hamilton's approach which is, when you sow them, make curves in the soil with a stick and scatter each variety in the soil then cover the seed lightly.

xx
What am I doing wrong?????

Started by angel35 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 11, 2009, 19:51
by angel35
xx
I know where I've gone wrong!

Started by sweet nasturtium on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post September 28, 2007, 23:17
by sweet nasturtium
xx
Am I doing something wrong?

Started by sarah-king on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 20:10
by Ivor Backache
xx
its gone wrong

Started by marvbull on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 06:19
by allotmentann

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 37 queries.