Fishing Season 2019/2020

• 43 Replies

MarkC

Re: Fishing Season 2019
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2019, 11:22 »
Great that you are getting kids involved Aidy.

It's been generally rather too hot for game fishing even up here, but I did manage to take advantage of a wee spate last weekend and got a 6lber, fresh cock grilse, and returned it. My cousin lost a fish too, whilst at least 4 others were caught the same day on our beats which was encouraging.

The water all ran away very quickly although there were a few more fish caught on the Monday in various rivers near here, but it was very humid and windy, so I gave it a miss. More heavy rain yesterday, so I might give it a go tomorrow again.

Aled

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 15:38 »
I'm struggling to catch a sea trout at the moment, i'm seeing sea trout, turning sea trout, getting takes, but blimey they are not staying on!
Tight Lines
Aled

MarkC

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 11:14 »
We all go through these times Aled...it's when you don't see them, don't move them and don't hook any that you should be worried.....

I was out yesterday for a bit in almost perfect conditions, but only one pull. Changed the fly down a size and it happened again....think they were playing with the tail on it.

Previous time I was out in similar conditions I had a fish, and there were about 10 caught that day on our beats. Run of fresh fish coming in....

Aled

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2019, 11:55 »
Got a nice sea trout of around 3lb on Thursday night, fish took a black blue and silver tube fly had one take as well. A cracking sea trout of around 13lb was caught and released on or club water the same night.
Tight Lines
Aled

Aled

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2019, 10:13 »
Nice evening on Saturday managed a sea trout of around 3lb, returned the fish, saw a few jump as well.
Cheers
Aled
IMG-20190914-WA0000.jpg

8doubles

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2019, 12:50 »
One of the best angling videos you will see this year is on Youtube at the moment.

Search ' The Fish Locker' for the Tuna vid .

A great achievement by a really good all round angler ! :)

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2019, 18:31 »
7 Rainbows landed
4 lost!
Fist session for too long! Turn up to Barnsfold around 8.35am, suprised no one else was there, quick look at the catch reports and set up, 3 fish on the bank within 15 mins :ohmy: caught on my own fly/ lure, called a Seasider after the Blackpool fans that beat the Oystons. Size 10 hook with tangerine and white tinsel. Decided on a change and fish a team of buzzers and black was the colour around a foot below.
A good day out and hopefully the first of many.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Aled

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2020, 20:11 »
Just had my first membership renewal back for the forthcoming season....roll on April the 1st.
Cheers.
Aled

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Fishing Season 2019/2020
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2020, 16:39 »
Hoping to get out on Monday coming if this storms as promised blows over.

Asherweef

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2020, 21:59 »
Hi Andy, just read the thread and seen you were a former pie head. I grew up in Hindley (Green, mind you!).

Any recommendations for sea fishing from the shore/rocks later in the year? All my googling has suggested Blackpool is a bit flat for anything decent. Probably willing to drive an hour or so from Wigan/Bolton!

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2020, 13:19 »
Hi Andy, just read the thread and seen you were a former pie head. I grew up in Hindley (Green, mind you!).

Any recommendations for sea fishing from the shore/rocks later in the year? All my googling has suggested Blackpool is a bit flat for anything decent. Probably willing to drive an hour or so from Wigan/Bolton!
Ay reyt lad
Depends when you say later in the year! I aint fished of the shore for a while now but a mate I fly fish does, he says the fishing is good to when I did it with a lot species coming up. Bass fishing can be good if your more into the summer, head upto Rossal Point for that, the north end was/ is generaly better off the beach.
I have been around the shore and seen plenty of dabs, a good few doggies and a few whiting n codling being landed. I am now tempted to start back again. Let me know when you are planning coming down and I will ask around and get up to date info.

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2020, 21:09 »
Forcast was bang on today so early morning car packed and headed up the M6 to Bank House.
Wasnt sure what to expect as they had a major comp on yesterday and 77 fish were caught however it was so nice watching everyone go to work!
So up arriving I decided on a team of buzzers, 2nd cast and a 3.6lbs rainbow in the net.
Went a bit slow, plenty of movement so they were just below surface, after a while had a move a round and before I knew it another on the bank, 3.10lbs again the black buzzer doing the biz, last hour moved around to where I could see a few fish moving and ended up with 3 more rainbows.
Cracking day on buzzers.

Asherweef

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2020, 21:01 »

Ay reyt lad
Depends when you say later in the year! I aint fished of the shore for a while now but a mate I fly fish does, he says the fishing is good to when I did it with a lot species coming up. Bass fishing can be good if your more into the summer, head upto Rossal Point for that, the north end was/ is generaly better off the beach.
I have been around the shore and seen plenty of dabs, a good few doggies and a few whiting n codling being landed. I am now tempted to start back again. Let me know when you are planning coming down and I will ask around and get up to date info.

Thanks Aidy

Aled

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2020, 12:50 »
Hello All
I've had a sabbatical, but i'm back now. Sadly no fishing at the moment, I hope that C19 will ease, and people's lives will be safe. Then maybe we can fish again.
Tight Lines
Aled

xx
Fishing Season 2020

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

24 Replies
Last post October 28, 2020, 16:26
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2020/2021

Started by Welsh Merf on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post May 01, 2020, 11:28
by Aunt Sally
xx
Fishing Season 2021-22

12 Replies
Last post July 07, 2021, 10:20
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2022

15 Replies
Last post October 11, 2022, 17:09
by Aled

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 53 queries.