seedlings

• 2 Replies

Shelley

seedlings
« on: May 26, 2006, 10:01 »
im growing pumpkins and they look a bit long and week. can anyone help with some info.  im new to growing veg and im not doing too bad but i think im going to loose my babies. please help.

noshed

seedlings
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 11:09 »
Are they in a greenhouse or otherwise inside? "Long and weak" usually means they're looking for light, so is there anywhere else you couls put them where it would be brighter - outside? You could give them a feed as well. I've found that spaying with dilute seaweed liquid does seedlings a power of good. I got mine from Garden Organic but I think you can get it in some shops as well.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

comic_muse

seedlings
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:22 »
Sounds like too little light...re. the leggy thing.....if they aren't under glass, & I don't think they'd be doing too well outside anyway, & if you haven't got glass....try the old 'Light Box'....not brilliant but better than nothing, get a cardboard boc, cut out the front & most of the top, 'clad' iot with Alloy foil, shiny side out & puit that on the cill, or whatever they're being grown on, works for small numbers of pots & reflects light back (mind they don;t then scorch on really sunny days ( if we ever get any again).  I would 'pot on' asap into a larger, deeper pot & get the 'leg' covered, it'll send out roots into the fresh compost, you can go most of the way up to the seed leaves if you have the right sized pot, some fresh compost in a larger pot should take care of most of the fed issues too.

My two'penn'uth.
......straight lines are for tidy minded people.....

xx
New seedlings

Started by Remy on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 03, 2009, 00:24
by Stripey_cat
xx
Do my seedlings look ok?

Started by LJB12 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 09, 2013, 12:11
by Mark's Sussex Allotment
xx
What seedlings are these?

Started by nuzuki on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 22:18
by Yorkie
xx
When to pot seedlings on

Started by oldcow on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 22, 2010, 12:30
by Loubs

Page created in 0.437 seconds with 35 queries.