Are we going to let this happen?

• 17 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Are we going to let this happen?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 20:14 »
I see no reason why garden centres have had to say they will throw trees etc, They need to maintain.
I hate to say it but I think businesses in all sectors are seeing a pile of money and wanting to grab some. I expect we'll all be paying more in tax when this is over...
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 07:59 »
not appearing to be  selfish but i can see why people want to go to the garden centres because for us it was an afternoon out and not just just to buy plants and we also miss our village market every Thursday we got together had a bacon butty bought a few home made cakes more of a social event than a market but needs must we have to stay safe and keep indoors or on the garden to help the NHS and others

It's not selfish to miss an enjoyable look around, I'm sure most of us on here feel the same.
Seeing what's new, colourful, having an imagine of what I can do with this, where will I put it. But it is much more likely that people will pick things up, have a muse "hmmm, so I want this/will this match/is it going over, should I go for, do I have space, oooh I said I'd be good" then put it down or pick up another tray to compare it to try and get the best or see it up close.
Leaving a smear of Covid-19 on it for the next person to pick up and get infected. You don't slow down, stand around, chatting, thinking about choices and plans garden, peruse and handle as much as you would with produce in the supermarket. Because we buy the same things most of the time and bread isn't that interesting. Unless someone's panic bought everything and your trying to find a substitute. It's easier to forget yourself in the garden centre as well.

Which is why the Husband prefers to go the the garden centre with anyone but me. :(

weejen

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 08:30 »
My mam and dad live in France their garden centres are closed but if you wait at the door someone will come and take your order and get it for you.
You can buy compost in b&m I致e also heard Lidl and no doubt Aldi
Our local garden centre has put a notice on Facebook that if you email them what you池e looking for they will phone you, take payment over the phone and arrange delivery.
 I知 not religious but even I知 thanking god right now for my garden. I feel for those living in flats at the moment! I知 on steroids for asthma right now so I知 not going anywhere, but I値l hopefully get out tomorrow in my garden.
Take care and stay safe

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 41 queries.