So far so good

• 2 Replies

splash101

So far so good
« on: May 04, 2012, 18:21 »
Broody mum brought her 2 chicks out a couple of days ago, i think she needed a well earned stretch and some natural daylight. Capturing a photo is nigh on impossible.

Today she took them to meet the other chickens albeit through a weldmesh fence. She got absolutley no response from them but i did notice that now she is sitting with her chicks in sight of the other chickens whereas before she avoided them completley.

The incubator chicks are doing well, 1 welsummer and 11 Copper Black Marans. Well i say 11 CBM but there is a couple of rogue ones in there. 1 is yellow and bigger than the others and the other one looks alot like another welsummer. Either way, they are all doing what they should do.

I'd left the other 11 welsummer eggs in the incubator (today is day 23) and there is no sign of anything so will call it a day for them
Rogue BCM.jpg

rcf100

• Experienced Member
Re: So far so good
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 19:40 »
OMG how cute.  I'm a tad jealous as I'd love to hatch eggs, but I couldn't dispatch cockrels and I think my neighbour might complain!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: So far so good
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 22:55 »
My 2 broodys have been having scraps with each other when out with their chicks. I have to step in as referee and make them go their separate ways.   ::)

If they are either side of weldmesh they have a beak battle and strut up and down letting their chicks know they are not going to back down.  My smaller one Dotty was lower in the pecking order but she has stepped up to the mark showing what she is made of in protecting her chicks.   :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Good value?

Started by fd01 on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 15, 2012, 14:19
by Little red
xx
Good to eat?

Started by Paul Plots on Chicken Chat

30 Replies
Last post January 12, 2013, 19:40
by Paul Plots
xx
Looking good so far!

Started by min200 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post January 23, 2011, 12:55
by Pol
xx
octagon 10, are they any good????

Started by newatthis on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post June 12, 2010, 18:45
by newatthis

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 38 queries.