Running out of Sill space

• 4 Replies

Benny130

• Experienced Member
Running out of Sill space
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:59 »
More help required. Im running out of sill space. The back of my house is quite dark so im limited to the ones in the front.

So at the moment I have chillis which I pricked out and are in little pots, runners which in germinating on the sill in little pots and tomatos which need pricking out and puting into little pots.

Left to sow are courgettes and cucumbers. Can either of these get going in a plastic greenhouse or can any ofther others a;ready potted go out there instead  :blush:

I know ive got too many chillis and toms already but find it hard to chuck as im sure ill be able to give them to someone?

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:01 by Benny130 »

mattwragg94

Re: Running out of Sill space
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:04 »
my last resorts the top of the kitchen cupboards, if i run short of space - all of my toms ad chillis are in the greenhouse - but yours may still be a little cold for them?

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:28 »
Potential cold snap forecast this weekend, so my window sills shall remain 'standing room only' for another few days.

I wouldn't risk a plastic greenhouse just yet Benny. I've got a glass greenhouse but its unheated so won't be warm enough overnight for any of the softie veg  :)  Plenty of time yet to sow courgettes and cukes - they grow so fast, I'd hold on a bit longer  :)

Benny130

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:52 »
Good news. Ill hold off  :D

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:06 »
I know ive got too many chillis and toms already but find it hard to chuck as im sure ill be able to give them to someone?

Thanks in advance

You may well have plenty of people to donate to but Freecycle is always a good way of getting rid of excess crops.  If I do offer this way, I usually pop the leftover plants from my seed trays into a plastic bag to donate so the person collecting can pot on - this saves on my compost. 

I do pot some up to donate to the local playgroup who have a small garden and also donate them to the allotment plant fair in June.  The playgroup sells things like chillis (which of course the children won't eat) to parents to raise a few pennies.

Just a thought if you are struggling to find good homes for them.
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

xx
Running out of space

Started by chickpeacurry on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 06, 2014, 11:19
by compostqueen
xx
Onions in between the dahlias? Running out of space

Started by missmoneypenny on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post November 29, 2019, 15:02
by Goosegirl
xx
electric window sill propagator

Started by joyce c on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post January 03, 2010, 14:26
by cooperman
xx
Sowing Indoors on Window sill - Advice.

Started by UrbanG on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 25, 2010, 13:48
by noshed

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 39 queries.