Location info

• 7 Replies

timdunn

Location info
« on: July 29, 2019, 23:16 »
Hello

For some reason I haven’t been able to get location info on the forums. I’m using an iPhone 8. Does anyone know how I can enable this? Might be posting in the wrong forum so please forward to the correct one moderators - thanks 😀

timdunn

Re: Location info
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 23:20 »
It would also be great if someone could tell me how to stop the annoying newsletter pop up I have to click every time I access a forum - thanks, Tim

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 23:58 »
Hello

For some reason I haven’t been able to get location info on the forums. I’m using an iPhone 8. Does anyone know how I can enable this? Might be posting in the wrong forum so please forward to the correct one moderators - thanks 😀
What are you on about? Surely you know where you are? You actually put it in your profile. :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 00:02 »
It would also be great if someone could tell me how to stop the annoying newsletter pop up I have to click every time I access a forum - thanks, Tim
If you close it with the little black X in the corner it shouldn't reappear for 15 days - unless you've blocked cookies in which case it doesn't know who you are and thinks it's your first visit.

timdunn

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 08:42 »
Yes, must be the cookie blocker I have running.

It’s other people’s location info I can’t see. I used to be able to but this doesn’t appear and is useful info. for some posts. Perhaps this was removed because of GDPR?

Thanks.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 10:56 »
I use a pc and can see people's locations ok. I only have a basic phone so I'm afraid I can't help you.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 11:45 »
Yes, must be the cookie blocker I have running.

It’s other people’s location info I can’t see. I used to be able to but this doesn’t appear and is useful info. for some posts. Perhaps this was removed because of GDPR?

Thanks.
On location - it's down to the way the forum displays on mobiles. Can't squeeze too much on teeny tiny screens although I don't think we've done too badly on the mobile design overall.
Must admit, jokey initial response aside, you really had me confused on your location question! I use a desktop and only have a cheapo PAYG dumbphone in case we break down on a long journey.

timdunn

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 10:31 »
Yes, must be just too small a screen to squeeze it in. I can still see where people are if I click on their profiles so will just do that. Thanks for your help 😀

xx
Members Location

Started by oldgrunge on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 17, 2018, 15:58
by arh

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 36 queries.