Wrongly accused!

• 9 Replies

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
Wrongly accused!
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:33 »
A neighbour from across the back stopped me in the street today and told me my cockerel is very noisey around 5am and is there anyway I could keep him quiet for a bit longer in the morning...

I dont have a cockerel!! :blink: :blink: :lol: :lol:

I pointed this out and she said I was the ONLY one keeping chickens in the area so I must have  ::) ::)  So I pointed out that unless she visted everyones homes for a good 1/4 mile she wouldnt have much hope of proving that statement but she was welcome to come and see my hens to see they are hens  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She laughed then and said I was right but I wonder who has hens around here??  And if they are keeping cockerals......

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Wrongly accused!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:39 »
You should have told her the only cockerels you had now live in Lincolnshire, and they haven't started crowing yet!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 11:54 »
I heard a hen loudly carrying on as they do when they've laid an egg and want to announce it to the world.  I ran out to hush our hen up and realised that it was none of ours, as they were budy dozing under their favourite bush.  It must have been someone else's hen!  That fuss carries for miles! ::)
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:46 »
You should have told her the only cockerels you had now live in Lincolnshire, and they haven't started crowing yet!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:  If its any consulation Grannie it looks like most of my 8 Serama chicks are cockerals! They dont even get big enough to eat!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 12:48 »
pousson??  is that how its spelt?  :lol: :lol:

Did you know its the hens fault if you get too many cockerels? ???

AL Hathaway

• Experienced Member
  • I Love Chicken TV
    • Five Valleys Poultry
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 13:29 »

Did you know its the hens fault if you get too many cockerels? ???

sorry Grannie Tell me how is it the hens fault for baby roosters?
“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel_Kant

Helenaj

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 13:42 »
And if it is the hen's fault, she's going to have a good talking to before she lays! :D :D :D

evie2

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 21:05 »
Chicken keeping in our area is very common, so you can usually hear hens announcing an egg, the fun is to try and guess who it is, mine or the ones at the bottom of the garden ::)

A few weeks ago my MiL had someone complain about her noisy cockerel, which is a hen, the person didn't believe her until she saw the egg ::) :lol:
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

francais

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 21:15 »
My mum's neighbour keeps 2 hens in an old coal bunker! The sort with a little door at the front and I didn't even know they were there!!! It was only when the lady asked me a question about what should she feed them as a treat that I actualy saw they were there, so loads of people could have em and no one would ever guess!
Toni

Oliveview

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 22:53 »
When we had friends stay a couple of months ago they said the hens, cockerals, peacocks and dogs kept them awake at night, we never hear a thing!  When I stayed with the friends I was woken at about 3am by doves cooing in the trees......what doves they asked!

Pamela

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 29 queries.