Flubenvet

• 6 Replies

stevefitz5

Flubenvet
« on: May 30, 2010, 20:23 »
Just a quick one really as new to all this and dont want to be paying way over the odds. Where is best to buy Flubenvet from online? Is there a egg withdraw period? and what strength do i need for my three hybrids? ;) Also if there is anything else i should know about it  that would be grand!

Thanks all

Stevo

dizzylizzie

Re: Flubenvet
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 20:38 »
I, like many on here use flubenvet and am very happy with it. You will have to google it and chech out different sites as prices change but expect to pay around £15. Might be a few pounds more, might be less. It comes in 60g tubs @1% strength, with a 6g scoop supplied. Measure out 2kg of the chickens usual food (pellets or mash) and mix 1 level 6g scoop of flubenvet into the food, mix very well. Put this food into an air tight container to keep it fresh and seperate from non medicated feed, then feed this food to your girls for 7days.Dont give them any other treats during this time nd you need to encourage them to eat the medicated food and if they have other foods they will not get the correct amount of wormer. :)
Another plus is that there is no egg withdrawal!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 20:42 by dizzylizzie »

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 20:46 »
I recently bought mine from   animalmedicines.co.uk    for £14.00 for a 60g tub with free postage.

carolbriar

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 21:33 »
As Dizzylizzie said, you mix one scoop with 2kgs of food. Feed this to your hens and when that is finished you mix up another batch again one scoop to 2kgs of food.  This is done for 7 whole days with no other food given except the medicated food.  I have used it twice now and it is very straightforward, no egg withdrawal and easy to give in the food. :)
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

stevefitz5

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 21:09 »
Thats great thanks for the advice will go for that! Glad i checked

Cheers Steve :D

hillfooter

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 21:17 »
Just a little tip if you use pelleted feed add a little corn oil so it is very slightly darkened before you add the flubenvet sprinkle a little lightly on the surface, mix, sprinkle again mix repeat until it's all mixed.  The oil helps it to stick to the pellets and not separate out and end up at the bottom.  Before you use it give it a stir.
HF
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 19:40 by hillfooter »
Truth through science.

Craig69

• Experienced Member
  • Kinder - Cadbury & Little One ~ Newton Abbot
    • Jellyfish Window Cleaning
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 09:41 »
Mine was about £15 from my vets.
It was £6 cheaper than buying it from MVF which i was surprised, as i thought the vets usually are more expensive.

xx
ACV/Flubenvet

Started by andy46 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 05, 2014, 16:01
by andy46
xx
flubenvet

Started by k4t1e195 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 23, 2010, 22:08
by Aunt Sally
xx
Flubenvet...

Started by pink-chicken on The Hen House

45 Replies
Last post November 04, 2009, 09:57
by Aunt Sally
xx
Flubenvet

Started by Mildredsmum on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 29, 2010, 12:29
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 38 queries.