Getting a new shelf

• 18 Replies

Beetroot queen

Getting a new shelf
« on: August 03, 2009, 20:07 »
Hubby is building as I type, I am very happy a new shelf just what I need for all my new ....................

Chutneys I am so obsessed  ::) :lol:
Its past funny, my 11 year old came out the roof and told me he had to search 15 jar boxes to find one with any in.

Each box holds 12 jars, you get the idea  :blush:

Poolfield2

Re: Getting a new shelf
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 20:16 »
I hope you've got a lot of friends cos you'll never get through that lot before next year :lol:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 20:20 »
I hope you've got a lot of friends cos you'll never get through that lot before next year :lol:

believe me we will, we eat loads and I mean loads, hubby gets through a jar a sitting  :blush: the children love it as well. O just love looking at all those little jars a cupboard with no door on would do me, save me opening the door to have a look  :wub:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 20:23 »
I hope hubby is making a very strong shelf to take the weight of all those jars  ::)
I'd hate for them to come crashing down :ohmy:

Poolfield2

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 20:25 »
It really is "smugifying" to look at loads of preserves you have made yourself, I love it. Drag all my visitors to look in my pantry :lol: :lol:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 20:30 »
I hope hubby is making a very strong shelf to take the weight of all those jars  ::)
I'd hate for them to come crashing down :ohmy:

He makes everything strong infact it's a standard joke that he made the titanic, that's why it sank.

I am going from one to two so I should be okay, the other one is rather curved  :blush:

I pull all guests in to look at my cupboard and then they want to take some home and I wondered why I bothered. Still learning to share  :blink:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 20:49 »
Well the new one is in, the one below is the old one, can you see that bend  :blush:

Very pleased with my new one. How sad I am to take a picture of a cupboard  :wub:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 21:36 »
Not sad but obsessed :lol: It's a good feeling though, to see all the hard work there before your very eyes.....untill it gets eaten of course :D make more, make more did i hear you say? :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 21:36 »
That's a great bend  ;)

And who's been eating all that Bonne Maman jam in order to get the jars, such hardships in the pursuit of Cook Your Own  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Beetroot queen

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 21:44 »
That's a great bend  ;)

And who's been eating all that Bonne Maman jam in order to get the jars, such hardships in the pursuit of Cook Your Own  :D

Lakeland small jars they came empty  :D

Spana

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 21:51 »
My preserve shelves are as you go into a store room off the kitchen.  I'm about to get a new kitchen and the door  into the store is being change for a glass one with a soft light above all the jars to show them off so they can be seen from the kitchen.  :blush: Not that I'm boasting  or showing off  or anything ;) :D
Your shelving looks great Beetroot queen :) Be proud of your preserves is what i say :D

Beetroot queen

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 22:03 »
My preserve shelves are as you go into a store room off the kitchen.  I'm about to get a new kitchen and the door  into the store is being change for a glass one with a soft light above all the jars to show them off so they can be seen from the kitchen.  :blush: Not that I'm boasting  or showing off  or anything ;) :D
Your shelving looks great Beetroot queen :) Be proud of your preserves is what i say :D

Sounds fab take a piccy when its done I can show hubby what i would like next  :D

Elcie

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 22:34 »
This fits into a question I was going to ask earlier - do jams and chutneys etc have to be kept in a dark place for storage or can they be on a sunless windowsill/shelf in the kitchen?

Great shelf, now where can I fit one of those?!

Poolfield2

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 22:40 »
A box under the spare bed works too :lol:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 07:46 »
This fits into a question I was going to ask earlier - do jams and chutneys etc have to be kept in a dark place for storage or can they be on a sunless windowsill/shelf in the kitchen?

Great shelf, now where can I fit one of those?!

I thought they had to be kept in a cool dark place according to all my books but Val would proberly know for sure.

Poolfield I dont have a spare bed, but i do have a few spare children going for free  ::)

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 33 queries.