Problem with bread m/c

• 3 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Problem with bread m/c
« on: January 26, 2009, 17:04 »
Does anybody have the problem where the paddle doesn't release from the drive thingy so you can't get the bread out of the tin without breaking it.
Bad enough that the paddle stays in the bread normally but drives me crazy when i can't get the loaf out whole :twisted:

Any helpful tips please

noshed

Problem with bread m/c
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 17:37 »
Mine can be a bit sticky sometimes - you have to bash it on the breadboard to get it out. Just make sure the paddle and the axle thing are completely free of old dough before you start - I give it a good doing with the dish brush and make sure the coating on the inside of the pot is still OK. I can't think what else you could do.
I've always been able to get mine out eventually with the paddle still in the machine but my machine is only a couple of months old. Maybe your recipe is a bit dense? Have you got a recipe book that came with the machine?
I don't know what I'm doing giving you advice on this, I am a domestic wassock.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Problem with bread m/c
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 17:13 »
mine his been good until now, so I soak it for a while, dry it then pop a little olive oil on the spindle, and that seems to work for most of the time.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Poolfield2

Re: Problem with bread m/c
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 20:27 »
I'm on my 2nd breadmaker in 11 years and I have to tell you that eventually the paddle always sticks. You can tempoarily improve things as Aidy suggestes but it will happen again. I have got to the point where I just don't worry, the paddle stays in permanently and I don't wash out the tin unless I have made a strongly flavoured bread.

If you let the bread stand in the tin for 5 mins before you tip it out it "sweats" and softens the crust enough to get it out, then leave to cool on a rack and it crisps up again but DONT FORGET IT and leave it in the tin for ages or it goes soggy.

I find that the replacement tins and paddles cost nearly as much a s a new breadmaker, which REALLY annoys me :mad:. ait seems so wasteful to throe away a working machine. My first breadmaker had 5 tins :ohmy:before the machine died.

xx
Problem with bread.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

28 Replies
Last post March 24, 2013, 13:35
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Bought bread tears, my bread crumbles, why?

Started by Kleftiwallah on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post January 17, 2015, 19:53
by Scribbler
xx
Bread , oil

Started by chrissie B on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post June 12, 2020, 10:47
by chrissie B
xx
bread problems :(

Started by mumofstig on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

12 Replies
Last post June 14, 2017, 12:25
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 35 queries.