Public transport

• 6 Replies

jezza

Public transport
« on: January 07, 2022, 08:00 »
Hello my local authority sent a letter out outling the benefits of using the local buses,I rang the bus company and asked how much it would cost to take a mower strimmer and blower into the next village by bus,depends on the mower size says the assistant, I emailed a picture of my big mower its 33 inch wide ,70 inch long  the response was you are not putting that on a bus or word to that effect    jezza

rowlandwells

Re: Public transport
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 16:48 »
didn't you tell the bus company about the wheelbarrow the mower was in :D :D :D

jezza

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 07:12 »
No forgot to tell them about the wheelbarrow ,wouldn't want that mower on a wheelbarrow it's too cumbersome  I'll fit a silky seat and ride on it    jezza

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 07:36 »
The picture this conjures up in my mind is breathtakingly surreal.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 10:21 »
Shades of 'The Good Life' there Jezza...;0)

I've often wondered about making drive wheels for the Mantis, but will get to do it when I have less time!

jezza

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 12:01 »
Hello Mantis have wheels for there machines ,the scarifier has 2  and the edger has one just get another one and lock the wheels on to the shaft  my neighbour use to have a trailer on his Howard gem rotavator,there was a slight slope down to his garden it needed to be in first gear going down it or it would run away,3 1/2 miles an hour in top gear was quite airy   jezza

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 18:15 »
You can't lock the wheels on a Mantis, Jezza, as they're freeto roll, and don't have a spline.

I sometimes wondered about making a new wheel and fitting it against the usual cultivator wheels, but after several goes it seemed of a bit pointless excercise...

When we had 'The Patch', I used to 'drive' the engine-propelled Webb mower up the hills to get home, and that really did make a difference! With the mantis, I'd just fit four rolling wheels and as it was so light ,I could get it home reasonably safely!

xx
Public enemy number 1

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post February 10, 2018, 13:23
by wapello

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 42 queries.