Never, never, never, never do this!!

• 23 Replies

Irene

• Experienced Member
    • Idaho Gardening
Never, never, never, never do this!!
« on: June 09, 2010, 21:34 »
Last week my husband and I were sitting in the conservatory having a glass of wine and the subject of the kitchen garden came up. I told him that we had cabbage that would be harvested in the next few days and I needed to start a few more. We discussed my wanting to try a different variety (I'm looking for compact heads of not too large of a size) and I said "I should place the order for seeds now!", got up, poured myself another glass of wine...and went to take advantage of T&M's sale.

It took awhile to look at all the varieties, sooo I poured myself another glass of wine while I viewed the offerings....and I thought a few other items looked intruiging...so I clicked here, clicked there...and clicked a few more times.

The package arrived today. Seven, seven..packets of Cabbage seed..Six packets of Lettuce..4 of Cress..another radish to go along with the other five in my seed basket...and a package of carrots that I'm not even getting close to.

What in the world was I thinking??!

(By the way..at the end of this season I will be leaving this home and will be looking to send my seeds to a worthy home. I have, as you can see from my above example of my seed shopping habits, quite a few packets...many unopened and all purchased this year. If any of you know of a youth group, etc., that would give them a good home please let me know.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 21:40 by Irene »

Livinhope

Re: Never, never, never, never do this!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 21:39 »
Not :blink:

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 21:40 »
3 glasses of wine usually tends to make things quite fuzzy  :lol:

Irene

• Experienced Member
    • Idaho Gardening
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 21:50 »
Trillium:

Unfortunately, they may have been fuzzy, but the descriptions made them all look really interesting. Some people are addicted to drugs, others to alcohol...I enjoy a few glasses of wine, but should never mix it with my addiction to seeds. :D :D

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 22:02 »
Buy some grape seeds Irene: sorted!!  :unsure:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

stentman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 22:11 »
The reason I am growing 2 varieties of Japanese radish, 7 different types of spud and 4 different beans, plus a calabrese which I don't even like is that last October me and a mate picked this years seeds from a catologue in the pub over a few pints one sunday night we had a laptop and the pub had WiFi access. That lessons of drunken dialling are well known to us men but I can now add drunken seed ordering.
Stents keeping things open 24/7

If one way be better than another, that you can be sure is natures way. Aristotle 384BC - 322BC

Ivah

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 22:16 »
But the worrying thing is the first mistake was while you were relatively sober - going to T&M in the first place!
'Nullius in verba' - 'Take nobody's word for it'

Irene

• Experienced Member
    • Idaho Gardening
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 22:18 »
JayG..I love that sort of logic...but I already have that...and will post photos later regarding the vine's progress. It pretty much owns the greenhouse in the summer.

stentman, lol...it's rather like what I hear from men about the girls all looking prettier at closing time....except their seeds.

diggerjoe

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 09:17 »
Irene I do that sober often at work when bored and last weeks browsing is due to arrive soon but then last night waded through two 5kg chiucken pellet tubs where I keep my seeds to find some I have ordered are in the tubs unopened :ohmy: But even this morning as I got in early I thought ummm i might just a have a wee look at real seeds. Good job I can access this site it keep my fingers away from the buy button :D :D

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 09:58 »
Wine is the reason I have 4 kids  :blink:  :blush:  ;)
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

diggerjoe

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 12:07 »
Oh No :ohmy: :ohmy: Just skimmed through the Marshalls catalogue thats come in the post to work - they know I'm an easy target :( note to self I do not need more oriental veg seeds ( repeat every ten minutes)  :D

Irene

• Experienced Member
    • Idaho Gardening
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 13:05 »
aelf:

Now THAT'S something that is going to last a little longer than the headache the next morning  :D

diggerjoe: Oriental seeds have been my a weakness for me also...though I'm doing very well with the Kailaan and Pak Choi....I just want to try it all!!!!

diggerjoe

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 15:57 »
Its not good  - got as far as filling out the order form and Kailaan was on it as well as about 6 others - well I dont buy shoes only wellies :D :D

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 16:03 »
Confucius, he say: "People who see gardening as another form of retail therapy are sure to be sowing seeds of discontent."   :nowink:

Irene

• Experienced Member
    • Idaho Gardening
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 16:27 »
JayG:

That may be true Oh Wise One, but Hubby say "Seeds are a lot cheaper than Marks & Spencer"  :)

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 30 queries.