Poo not quite right

• 5 Replies

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Poo not quite right
« on: April 29, 2008, 20:17 »
My hens all seem to be healthy alert eating and drinking well but their poo is not quite right, it's seems wrong if you know what I mean not runny but not it's usual hardish consistency.

Any ideas ? not changed their diet drastically or anything gave them some wild bird food the other day but it was fresh and from a sealed packet. Could it be all the different grains in it ?
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Poo not quite right
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 20:29 »
They could be drinking more water if the weather is warm - only one way out of a chook for water.  There is quite a high proportion of urates too, which could mean they are finding lots of worms to eat.  Maybe they are having different greens or fresh grass.

Do they seem well and laying ?

Thanks for the pics Richy  :D

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
Poo not quite right
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 20:35 »
Ahh yes now we've been digging the garden up, new design  :roll: anyway the youngest 2 have kept the girls entertained with all sorts of beasts and I have a new watering system in place ( old kenwood chef stainless steel bowl ) as I managed to break their normal one  :oops:  so perhaps they are getting more water as well as a protein glut  

Yes they are laying well and seem in great form can't find any trace of red mite or other parasite's and were wormed about a month ago.

Foxy

Poo not quite right
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 20:38 »
Pheww!!! I was worried that I was going to be looking at a piccy of well.. you  didn't make it that clear in your title... :shock:  :shock:

Anyway I not sure I would be  overly concerned just yet as long as they look OK recently wormed etc.

Hopefully our resident poo expert Auntie can reassure you :wink:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
Poo not quite right
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 20:42 »
Well I was going to start it "my P..........."  :lol: which read worse  :shock:

Yeah feeling reassured just I like to keep a head of things were animals are concerned  :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Poo not quite right
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 20:56 »
They're only doing it to keep you hopping Richy.  I think the surfeit of worms may be to blame  :wink:

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 37 queries.