need red mite powder advice

• 4 Replies

emotion-2003

• Experienced Member
need red mite powder advice
« on: November 01, 2012, 18:46 »

hi
i am thinking about buying red mite powder from ebay.have you ever try poultry pruduct from ebay?if yes could you please write what did you buy and was it really works fine or fake pruduct.as ebay is cheaper than farm shops but i am a bit worry that they can sale fake pruduct.
and also can you please make me list what vitamin,powder,suplement...etc i need to buy for my girls.because i am only using garlic in them water and red mite powder every 2 weeks.i am worry that i dont look after them well because i dont have enough knowladge.
any advice please
cheers

henamoured

• Experienced Member
Re: need red mite powder advice
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 19:08 »
HI, I haven't bought red mite powder from ebay but I'm sure if you do buy it you will be able to smell if it has citricide in (if that's the sort you are buying) because it has a very strong citrussy smell.

I don't generally give them any vitamin supplements. I let them eat the grass on the lawn as often as I can or give them a green cabbage when I see them for cheap in the shops, or other green veg from the garden.

I also give them poultry spice when they are moulting and if it's very cold I make a pellet 'porridge' by adding warm water to pellets and give it to them with poultry spice on frosty mornings.

Otherwise I think good quality pellets contain everything they need to stay healthy. Hope that helps.

emotion-2003

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 19:28 »
cheers henamoured:)
very helpful info

splash101

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 21:16 »
i've bought diatom powder from ebay a couple of times (from reputable sellers). i found it more convenient as there is a good range of weights and it worked out cheaper than going to my local supplier.

It can get a bit confusing with products, vitamins, supplements etc. I have 2 local suppliers and i quite often see products in there and i think oh i must get that, only to read the packaging and realise its the same as something i've already got but its called something else or a different brand. I picked up a red mite powder (quite expensive) only to read the ingrediants were diatom powder.

i havent bought any extra vitamins or supplements, havent needed to yet but i know that i have 2 good suppliers local with good opening times.

i use garlic in the water most of the time and Apple cider vinegar ocassionally in the water. Like henamoured mentioned, if you make them a porridge mixture from the pellets / mash, they seem to eat more in 1 go and therefore taking in the correct nutrients that are in the food.

If buying from ebay, stick to the reputable suppliers.
Probably no need to rush out and buy numerous supplements but if you can find a supplier locally to you (you may need to search for horse feed suppliers as they seem to be more common than chicken feed suppliers and will most likely stock what you need) and keep them in mind for any emergencies. I notice that pets at home stock some basic chicken supplies but they seem a bit expensive to me, but worth knowing in an emergency

emotion-2003

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 21:52 »
thanks for advice splash101:)
i ll give them pellet porridge tomorrow.hope they ll like it :)

xx
Please - quick advice needed! Spray or powder???? Mite and lice stuff!

Started by Caramelle on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2011, 16:55
by joyfull
xx
mite powder vs louse powder

Started by neil9797 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 27, 2010, 20:17
by joyfull
xx
Mite Powder

Started by tallulah on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 01, 2008, 17:47
by tallulah
xx
Has anyone tried Chiken Vet Red Mite powder?

Started by SusieB on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post September 08, 2015, 20:53
by SusieB

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 35 queries.