Tiny Miracle

• 18 Replies

splash101

Re: Tiny Miracle
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 23:10 »
Did i mention they are like grease lightening too, pics to follow i promise.
 I'll try and get then next to an adult bird as they are like a mini me version of the adult bird already, especially as they are fully feathered.
 We put them in the dog crate today to enjoy a bit of sunshine but they kept escaping through the gaps  :nowink:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 23:28 »
If you have some smaller wire mesh you can put it on the bottom half of the dog crate held on with cable ties or wire.  I did this on a rabbit hutch we use for broody and chicks as I thought the gaps were big enough for a chick to squeeze through.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

splash101

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 23:40 »
I've got loads of mesh even plant mesh would have been easier but didnt occur to me at the time, (my daughter was heading this task up and they were coming out as quick as she was putting them in) a busy day and full sun shall be blamed. They'll probably be outside in a few days if the weather continue to be glorious (jinx).

We lost one of our older females this week. no sign of illness or injury and wormed regularly. I noticed a few weeks ago her eggs were no longer speckled just plain and then she started to lay less frequently and just thought she was probably coming to the end of laying. I dont know how old she was as we bought her but she was a big old girl. The 2 males we have are moulting and look way past their best too but hopefully they will refeather (it's not effecting their fertility or libido)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 23:46 »
Some of our ladies are looking really scruffy but they are still laying really well.  One has been a bit pecked due to the lack of feathers on her back so she is sporting a lovely purple camouflage.   :lol:

xx
Tiny egg

Started by zoggett on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post January 08, 2011, 21:33
by CluckyChicken
xx
Tiny penguins.

Started by JaK on Chicken Chat

12 Replies
Last post July 21, 2012, 21:51
by Chicken_Lover

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 28 queries.