help me please greenhouse!!!

• 9 Replies

smc

• Experienced Member
help me please greenhouse!!!
« on: May 11, 2009, 16:07 »
every thing in my green house that i put in there is dying,had some chilli and peppers that i have been growing at home [not very big ones] but doing ok on my window cill,put them in greenhouse[on my lottie] and more or less over night shriveled up to nothing,then yesterday my three marmande toms come put them in yesterday and just dropped to check them and just lying in the tub on the comp,  did i water them enough???to much??? is it to cold???to hot???   help guys and girls its really annoying now losing my hard work growing them over winter and just wanna know why

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: help me please greenhouse!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 16:18 »
Doubt it has been cold enough to kill toms like that. :( Have you got auto openers for the windows in case it turns hot? cos it sounds like they've got too hot with not enough water :( or were they in very bright sun when they weren't used to it?

but i'm not sure what your weather has been like :unsure:

smc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 16:30 »
hi there   left the window with a small gap in over night,and yes it has been sunny yesterday and today, i did water them but did not want to over do it tho and dropped in today gave them a bit more but just lying there,so not even twenty four hours :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( >:( >:( :unsure: :unsure:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 16:39 »
If it gets really hot inside the g/house they can need a really good watering.....once they're a few feet high maybe a litre each per day! and perhaps they needed some shade rigged up (old net curtain) if it was really sunny. What size pot are we talking about, cos the small pots hold very little water?
See if anybody has other ideas...but i think it's the watering thats been the problem :(

smc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 21:00 »
thanks,but also my 6 baby sweetcorn plants went like it? i brought them sat and on sunday split them and then put them into 6 pots same thing today looked like some one had put a hair dryer on them al day :dry:,but i gave them loads of water but did not want to drown them,so how much water for new plants or did i put them into big pots to early???
they are in 8 inch pots already???? :unsure: :unsure:

shaun

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 21:04 »
dont supose the watering can is getting used for anything else (weedkiller).
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

smc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 21:23 »
shaun no mate,it just gets used for butts have never put weedkiller down

smc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 17:24 »
hi again was looking today at my toms,and has anybody recently brought any marmande from marshalls??cos when i took them out of the pot to look they was rapped up in a fibre glass material,now when i planted them this was like soil so did not think it had to come of and to be honest it felt just like the soil,they came in the little green packet,but now you can really see that the fibre glass stuff and totally dried them out,so what a waste of money,so can any body help  am i a divy or what :blush:

pushrod

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 17:46 »
Might be woth spending £3 or £4 on a max min thermometer for your greenhouse then you will have more idea of what is going on overnight and during the middle of the day. When plants are young they need some protection from the midday sun and are more sensitive to cold. The other thing is when you transplant them you will also damage the tiny root hairs making them more susceptible to water stress, so it is a good idea to peg up some shading for young plants.
All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

blackbob

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 19:15 »
every thing in my green house that i put in there is dying,had some chilli and peppers that i have been growing at home [not very big ones] but doing ok on my window cill,put them in greenhouse[on my lottie] and more or less over night shriveled up to nothing,then yesterday my three marmande toms come put them in yesterday and just dropped to check them and just lying in the tub on the comp,  did i water them enough???to much??? is it to cold???to hot???   help guys and girls its really annoying now losing my hard work growing them over winter and just wanna know why
[

sounds like it's been too hot. or  by any chance do you have some weedkiller stored inside the greenhouse.

xx
zip-up greenhouse

Started by noshed on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 27, 2006, 11:53
by John
xx
Where to put my greenhouse

Started by WoodyK on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 23, 2008, 20:01
by Ice
question
New Greenhouse

Started by SPUDMIESTER on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post February 07, 2010, 21:47
by Aidy
xx
Greenhouse

Started by GaryH on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2008, 11:17
by Caretaker

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 40 queries.