Need names for hens...

• 27 Replies

jinty1911

Re: Need names for hens...
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 21:01 »
I think I have decided on names for 2 of the new girls - Rose (salmon coloured and named after step-son, Ross,  who has been told he is buying it for Mothers day). Lily for the Lavender and I can't think of anything at the mo for the Gold lace Orpy. I am sure she will name herself.  :D  :D

agapanthus

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 21:01 »
Hello
We are collecting 4 hens next week and want funny names for them. So far we have
Mother Clucker and Atilla the Hen
Any ideas?

That's a very naughty post Kaye this being a family site, Atilla the Hun isn't very popular round here!

Awww.....chill out man!

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 23:14 »
You could call your gold laced girl ...... Whoopie (goldberg)!!

I have one run called ...... Stalagluft Hen...... funnily enough no one has escaped yet!!

I used to have to call them by names that related to their leg ring colour.... ie Nell for the orange leg ring..... Daisy for yellow..... Gertie for green..... Bella for blue..... and Rosie for the pink one......

My brain cant cope with names anymore :(
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

VeggieVirgin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 12:53 »
We've got a Tikka (as in "if she doesn't start laying soon, she's going to be ...")

We've also got Bob (illogical, I know, genderwise, but we inherited her off a friend who died, so she's named after him), Wee Bob (Bob's daughter), Miss Sussex (because she's a Light Sussex), Baldrick (demonstrated exceptional stupidity when we first got her, by trying to climb through every identical square of a wire fence in turn), Betty (bossy hen, named after my equally bossy aunt), Skinny Leghorn (descriptive term to distinguish her from Normal Leghorn,  but it stuck as a name), and Maggie (a Magpie).

Our cockerel is Georgy-Porgy (because he used to kiss the girls and make them cry, in a manner of speaking), but he's turned out to be such a randy little so-and-so, I think he should really be called Quagmire (Family Guy fans will get it): he even lurks next to the nests of the hens while they're laying, waiting for them to lay the egg!

wildwitchy

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 20:17 »
I've only named a few of mine but some have been named after punk legends. My two new leghorns are Syd & Nancy (they are a bit off their heads). There's a interfeering warren called Doris - she's a busy body & into everyones business, Big Pat - named after one of my friends, Raj - Blue Brahma & Sultan - a blue spalsh brahma.

(chickens/ducks & geese) I've had a sylvia,libbychick,delores,olive,neena,florence,leona,daisy,marlene,paddy,isis,woody,......cant think of others.........oh and an adolf (because he walked like doing the goosestep  :lol:)

evie2

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 20:33 »
Our original hens were called after celestial bodies, Loona, Galaxy, Venus, Star and sons choice, that one beginning with U  >:(

Two, including sons thank goodness, were boys and were re-homed.

The ones we have now earned their names, Tallulah, Star, George, Ruby and Tinker.

The Sablepoots hens are all Josephine and the 2 young cockerel poot we were looking after  we called Napoleon, self explanatory really :D  
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

jinty1911

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 22:10 »
I cant think of a golden flower for the gold laced apart for buttercup or dandelion, and they are a bit naff  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chrysalis

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 22:33 »
Have you thought of non-names like, lame- as in gold lame (can't do accents on pc)? Golden wonder= Crisp?
or the Golden Shot: how about Bernie (the Bolt)?

Glad you've got new hens coming.  Wish we could have a few more.....

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 23:55 »
I cant think of a golden flower for the gold laced apart for buttercup or dandelion, and they are a bit naff  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chicken names should always be naff! I nominate Marigold! 

My mother had two (snappy little) gold-coloured dogs named Russet and Amber.

Casey76

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 08:24 »
Mine don't have names.

hillfooter

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 10:23 »
This post has reminded me that I've two Russian Orloff cockerels yet to name so I think I'll call them "Tolstoy" and in honour of Wayne Rooney and the fore mentioned Mother Clucker, "Chuckov". :ohmy:
HF
Truth through science.

Kaye

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 11:44 »
I have enjoyed reading this thread! Thank you all!
Our hens arrived on Friday and we instantly knew which one to call Attila the hen! Mother Plucker was a little slower being named but it seems to fit!
Our 5 year old daughter named hers Judy! And my 3 month old made a sound when she saw the hens...Eggu! Eggu seems to like her name!
Our hens are not friendly yet, they are ex battery hens but I hope in time Attila might not suit her name  :D
Ex battery hens were the perfect choice!

wildwitchy

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 11:57 »
Hope you enjoy your hens. They will come round soon & be into everything!

xx
names for chickens

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

50 Replies
Last post February 24, 2013, 13:11
by Flowerpower136
xx
Chicken names.

Started by JaK on Chicken Chat

58 Replies
Last post March 04, 2012, 20:05
by ANHBUC
xx
weird names for our chooks

Started by rachelr on Chicken Chat

48 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 19:22
by bengigirl
xx
Dumbest chicken names...

Started by chasechicken on Chicken Chat

33 Replies
Last post November 26, 2010, 17:12
by Helenaj

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 39 queries.