How old??

• 2 Replies

Dizzee

How old??
« on: October 08, 2011, 17:30 »
Hi

My chicks are now just over 5 weeks old and been living in my lounge since they hatched, their coop is all ready and we even have an automatic door opener for them :o)

They have been out in their run a couple of times last week as the weather was so nice and hot but now its getting colder we're just wondering when we could put them in the coop full time?

I know they are supposed to be hardy little things but I just feel its so cold out there for them lol

Also, there seems to be quite a large gap in the door to the coop, we wondered if we should put something up there just to stop the draft coming directly on to them?

Thanks
Dizzee
2 Cats, 1 Gold Partridge Pekin, 1 Welsummer, 1 Buff Sussex

themagicaltoad1

Re: How old??
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 17:58 »
Someone will probably disagree with me but I wouldn't want to put them out yet, especially as the weather has got so much colder lately and is due to drop even further. You could put them out for the daytime and bring them in at night for a few more weeks.
I also have quite a large gap at the bottom of my coop which I stuff rolled up newspaper in when it's really cold.

Dizzee

Re: How old??
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 18:41 »
Thanks for the reply, I think I would feel much happier if they were a bit older, it is very cold out there!!!

I was thinking of hanging some fabric like denim round the door?

Dizzee

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 35 queries.