Spare growbag/greenhouse capacity - what can I grow?

• 4 Replies

Vagabond

• Experienced Member
I already have tomatoes, red peppers, a cucumber and a courgette in growbags in the greenhouse.
This is my first experience of growbags and greenhouses. My husband bought me another growbag today (he's keen for me to take advantage of the use of this greenhouse) but I'm not sure what else to plant!
Any ideas please?

lettice

Re: Spare growbag/greenhouse capacity - what can I grow?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 07:37 »
If you are using it in your greenhouse maybe grow the following;

Lettuce
Radish
Aubergines
Basil
Chillies

Vagabond

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:41 »
Ooh, I fancy trying aubergines!
I did a bit more research last night and thought I'd have to just settle for salad leaves and herbs, but if I can get an aubergine seedling in our local market on Friday (entirely possible!) I'll give it a go.
Thanks, Lettice. :)

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 14:50 »
Try some 'wild rocket', it grows so quickly, you can cut and come again! Also 'lamb's lettuce' is pretty quick, so sow them both in succession and I reckon one growbag will give you enough for weeks! And if you have a square foot left, pop in some 'American salad' (land cress), for the same reason!

You'll probably need to cut holes much bigger that what they print on the bag...

(Answer - get Husband to buy yet another one to go alongside - then you can do the lot, and never run out)!

Vagabond

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 12:00 »
Just returned to this thread.
I managed to buy an aubergine plant - a bush variety suitable for a growbag - according to the nursery grower. It was quite large and rather pot-bound, but beggars can't be choosers!
Anyway, it's been in the bag, alongside a chilli plant and some basil seedlings, for a week. The only issue I've had is aphids on its leaves which I've been blasting with diluted washing-up liquid. The aphids seem to be under control now.
The aubergine and chilli is flowering, so I'm keeping fingers crossed!
IMG_2532-1.jpg

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 44 queries.