I never learn

• 3 Replies

Deb63

I never learn
« on: July 15, 2020, 11:04 »
I did it again, in my head my greenhouse is huge and in reality its 8 x 6 so basically I have crammed too much in it. The cucumbers are taking over, the poor peppers have no room and not much light, they have a few flowers but i highly doubt i will get peppers this year. The chilli plants have lots of flowers but I'm now thinking they should have been in bigger pots not that there would be room for bigger pots  :( and the tomatoes look like it could be a very good year if the sun shines of course, pouring with rain as i sit typing this. I don't have a garden as such, its paved and gravel so anything i grow is in pots.
Out of curiosity how many plants would you grown in an 8 x 6. I'm already telling myself i will do better next year and that i will also give away excess plants. I have approx  20 tomato plants in greenhouse and outside   :wacko:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: I never learn
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 11:28 »
I go for 1 plant per window panel, so in an 8x6, I can have 4 down each side and then another in the gap at the end. If I'm going to grow my usual 2 cucumbers then I plant those instead of a tomato plant in one back corner, so the cucumbers can grow up the corner on mesh and then along the roof ridge. It means that later in the year I get hit on the head by tomatoes and cucumbers, but I've learnt to shimmy along underneath   :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 11:30 by mumofstig »

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 20:19 »
I’m the same I hate empty space, currently building an upright stand to take Three rows of three large pots of strawberries
Saving room and also keeping the pots off the ground and away from slugs etc

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 07:46 »
the boss [the wife] told me to do the same as you mum in the greenhouse and its worked out with good results well at least i did something rite then :D

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 45 queries.