I know this is weird, but.

• 1 Replies

diospyros

I know this is weird, but.
« on: December 17, 2013, 22:11 »
This summer, rather late, I sowed some peas in the back garden.  I had some very old seed, three different varieties, and I looked at them and chose the one which mentioned the later planting date.  The peas came up and started to flower and I thought gosh they smell nice.  And they're really pretty.  And they don't seem to be in any hurry to form nice juicy pods.

They were, it appears, sweet peas.  They formed small furry pods which have the distinctive small round seeds of a sweet pea.

BUT I swear I sowed proper peas.  Because I remember the three packets (I threw the empty packet away of the variety I sowed).  I have absolutely no memory of sowing sweet peas.

Either I am going bonkers or the very old seed somehow mutated into a sweet pea.  I know, that's not possible.  But it is still bugging me.

I think I had better go to bed. Please can someone have talked some sense into me by the time I come back.

Growster...

Re: I know this is weird, but.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 22:24 »
When you wake up, you'll realise that you have a gold mine growing in your garden, and this time next year, you'll be a millionaire!

Excellent result, and well deserved in my humble opinion!

xx
weird or what

Started by Poolfield2 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 14, 2009, 19:13
by Poolfield2
xx
Weird worms

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post October 05, 2011, 01:04
by Paul Plots
xx
Weird Beetroot

Started by JohnB47 on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 13, 2011, 10:51
by Paul Plots
clip
Weird veg photos

Started by pigguns on Grow Your Own

40 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 09:29
by Salmo

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 38 queries.