unpleasant dog owner - update

• 20 Replies

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
Re: unpleasant dog owner - update
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 13:21 »
Aieee - the horrible man has struck again! This time he really lost his temper when I asked him if he could control his dog - he kept telling me I was stupid (for keeping my dog on a lead), rude (for trying to explain to him why I keep her on a lead) and unpleasant (for pointing out his dog wasn't under control because it was completely  ignoring him).  He kept shouting at me until he finally put his dog on a lead because that was the only way he could control it- I had picked up my dog in the meantime and was walking away.  It was a really nasty experience and he really couldn't deal with it rationally.   :(

I reported him to the Forestry Commission office and the manager went out to see if he could spot him but is there any way to deal with him?  The Husband suggested not walking there again but seeing as I have a season ticket I don't see why I should avoid it.  I was wondering whether to keep a camera on me in case this happens again so at least the FC know what he looks like?  Any suggestions as to what to do?

snowdrops

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 14:18 »
The camera is a good idea,does your phone have one? Walk with a lage walking stick & clink the other dog if necessary.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 11:33 »
Unfortunately, I have another horror story to tell you which makes it even more important to keep dogs on a lead in certain areas. My dear farmer friend lives in a small village in rural Oxfordshire and has some lovely special free-range hens of which he is very proud. A dog walker came down the little lane where he lives and, despite notices at the gates about keeping dogs on a lead, she didn't bother. The dogs ran into the driveway and one grabbed a hen, plus the other hens were very distressed. He ran out to chastise her, slipped on the wet path and fell. As a result of his fall, he splintered his femur - the same one where he had a hip replacement two years ago. He is now in hospital and will have to have a deeper pin put in. Can't say anymore as I am so angry and upset.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 17:56 »
Last week I met the man (again) who can't control his dog (of course "he doesn't need to be on the lead").  This time he was with his wife and I think it may partly explain what the problem is!

When his dog started to harass mine, I picked her up and kept walking, ignoring the man completely so he wouldn't start on me. As usual his dog wouldn't respond to his calls and kept jumping up at me as I kept walking. His wife then started making what can only be described as noises better kept to the bedroom and shrieked her head off until the dog switched his attention to her!  You knew exactly where they were in the woodland over the next half an hour as this bizarre moaning and high pitched shrieking started up at regular intervals. I presume they were calling the dog back?!   ;)

No wonder the husband can't call the dog back when he is on his own  :lol: :lol: :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 18:17 »
How bizarre, it's a wonder the police weren't called to investigate those 'bedroom' sounds in the woods :lol:. That would have been worth you witnessing :lol: :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 18:33 »
they make me very angry  >:(

I've merged the update with the original thread, so it's all together.

xx
Ive been a terrible dog owner

Started by boosmummy on Pets without Feathers

27 Replies
Last post November 20, 2011, 18:36
by boosmummy
xx
Kia update

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 17:01
by Foxy
xx
update on my pony

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post November 19, 2009, 21:06
by totalnovice
xx
Paddy Update

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 00:24
by cissie

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 40 queries.