Flubenvet

• 4 Replies

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
Flubenvet
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:44 »
Is Flubenvet is only wormer that will get rid of gape worm? I've just been out to do a deep clean on the coop and my blackrock seems to be gaping, no other symptoms, not shaking her head, no rasping etc but thanks to you lovely lot Gape worm sprung to mind straight away and I know it needs treeting asap.

dizzylizzie

Re: Flubenvet
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:01 »
If your girls havent been wormed for a while, then now would be  good chance to worm them all. if you are planning to do them because you suspect gape, hang fire, at least for the morning. Just spend a few hours watching her as it might be just something simple like a piece of long grass stuck in her throat!If you need to treat her ive found flubenvet very effective ;) Some people advocate double strength for gape, but the insturctions dont indicate this.Like i say, if you need to worm, probably best to do them all. You know the drill, ONLY give medicated pellets for 7 days. 1 scoop 6g) mixed into 2kg of food. ;)

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 13:20 »
Have been watching her since i posted, No more gaping. So maybe it was grass or something, Will keep my eye on her though. They have all been wormed just this week.

Thanks for your reply though Lizzie  :)

dizzylizzie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 13:59 »
There you go ;)...if they have just been wormed its unlikey to be gape. Fingers crossed she's just been a greedy girl scoffing something yummy :(

ehs284

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 18:02 »
Sometimes they just like a long yawn or series of yawns. Our two Blackrocks often do it, but then they are always practicing for the next series of 'Hens behaving badly' :).

xx
Flubenvet

Started by stevefitz5 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 09:41
by Craig69
xx
Flubenvet

Started by splash101 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post October 05, 2012, 16:49
by splash101
xx
Flubenvet 1%

Started by colliebird on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post December 10, 2008, 18:54
by azubah
question
Flubenvet

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 21, 2010, 20:45
by orchardlady

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 38 queries.