What's the weather like where you are? 2022

• 1542 Replies

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: What's the weather like where you are? 2022
« Reply #960 on: August 12, 2022, 18:51 »
Another mild day here today. We had a good, useful rain after walking the dog this morning. I had a little office work and a virtual meeting during the rain, both productive. 

Now it's early afternoon, sunny and a pleasant 28 C. Good weather for potting on some cucumber and summer squash seedlings I'm going to try growing through the fall.  I'm still looking for a planting scheme to get some summer squash and cucumber production without damage from squash vine borers and pickle worms!  ::)
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #961 on: August 12, 2022, 19:18 »
It maxed out at 28C here, mainly because we kept the strong breeze all day, so not too bad  8)

GraciesGran

« Reply #962 on: August 13, 2022, 06:30 »
Heavy dew, clear blue sky and comfortable for walking the dog.

Hit 30 degrees yesterday but also very humid am expecting the same today.

Lardman

« Reply #963 on: August 13, 2022, 08:22 »
A very sticky an unpleasant night, I can't get the house below 27c.

It's sunny and warm so far and outside a comfortable 16c, everything is wide open trying to cool the house but there's no breeze at all again and the rain forecast is getting less and further away each time I check.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #964 on: August 13, 2022, 09:18 »
I woke late after a restless night, tied up by the sheet  ::) (For clarity, it may sound like fun, but I was alone   :nowink:)
Now, suitably showered, I'm cool and it's not too hot outside at 23C. There is a breeze, so that helps - doors and windows open, for the through draft, as usual...

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #965 on: August 13, 2022, 11:11 »
24.4C outside and 'rising rapidly'; 27C inside - nearly time to shut the windows.

How I'll miss this routine in a few day's time!  :wacko:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #966 on: August 13, 2022, 13:59 »
It was hot at 6am and by 11am getting too hot to stay out. Reminded me of Barcelona - early starts, stop around 11 am, very lazy long lunch and a doze until around 5pm when another couple of hours could be grabbed.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #967 on: August 13, 2022, 14:11 »
In Greece everything (except the tourist trade) is closed between 3 and 5pm.  8)
However, traditionally, you wouldn't expect your evening meal before 9pm, so it meant going to bed later than we are used to, otherwise you'd get indigestion  ::) I know I always struggled to sleep after eating with local friends...
It seems that sorting out one problem, simply gives you another......

Lardman

« Reply #968 on: August 14, 2022, 07:24 »
I've had enough of it now after another night where the bedroom temperature was, and still is above 28c. Outside is nice - 17c, blue skies and sunny but it's absolutely mill pond still and we're forecast another 30c+ day, hopefully the last. 

I don't know about anyone else but I'll be glad when it breaks if only so I can get some sleep.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #969 on: August 14, 2022, 09:08 »
Here, there's high hazy cloud and 23C, so it feels lovely right now.
We still have a slight breeze from the East, and that blows in through the open back door, keeping the house cooler  :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #970 on: August 14, 2022, 10:52 »
In Greece everything (except the tourist trade) is closed between 3 and 5pm.  8)
However, traditionally, you wouldn't expect your evening meal before 9pm, so it meant going to bed later than we are used to, otherwise you'd get indigestion  ::) I know I always struggled to sleep after eating with local friends...
It seems that sorting out one problem, simply gives you another......
I remember heading out for dinner at 11pm in Barcelona! Having spent most of my working life working late, we tend to eat our evening meal at 8.30 / 9.00 usually. With this weather I'm pretty dormant in the afternoon.. siesta time!
Hot and sunny - the polytunnel was 18ºC at 7.00am and broached 30ºC despite the doors being open at 9.00am. Turned the misters on.
Threatening a bit of rain at 6.00am tomorrow... now we've got the big shed empty for repairs :(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #971 on: August 14, 2022, 12:23 »
Enjoy it.   We will all be moaning soon about the rain and cold and our heating bills  !!!  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #972 on: August 14, 2022, 19:02 »
It is already changing here.  This lunchtime it was the usual blazing sun and heat, but it has been clouding over and getting a bit more breezy all afternoon.

It is supposed to be 30 degrees out there at the moment, but it doesn’t feel like it.  It is still warm, but I have already opened up the windows and the back door to let the breeze in.  The house is sitting at 27/28 depending on which room you are in, but that is now falling.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #973 on: August 14, 2022, 23:32 »
About 5pm it changed, some cloud and the temperature dropped to tolerable, then to pleasant. Currently 19ºC which actually feels a bit chilly! The Met Office is threatening rain but I'll believe it when I see it.
Edit: 8:00am I'm now a believer! We have light rain  :D Not a lot but something is better than nothing.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #974 on: August 15, 2022, 09:30 »
We've got grey skies and 21C, it certainly feels cooler!
It feels oppressive like a storm is on the way, but all the weather charts show the storms passing to the North of us. Fingers crossed we get one to clear the air, let alone give the garden some water before everything dies  :(

xx
What's for tea 2022?

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

1563 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 20:35
by snowdrops
xx
Wimbledon 2022

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post July 10, 2022, 17:24
by snowdrops
xx
Song linkups 2022

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

492 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 19:22
by mumofstig
xx
Fishing Season 2022

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post October 11, 2022, 17:09
by Aled

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 52 queries.