What a rotten week !

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

What a rotten week !
« on: August 27, 2023, 15:13 »
My lovely neighbour, the one who has so many things wrong, and has lost his leg to amputation with toes on the other foot, has died.  I am sad, he was a good pal.

ALSO.  I have had trouble for the last 14 days with my new TV and the new Humax recorder, mostly down to me and operator error.  My clever all things electrical man has been here most days and I think I have got the recorder in my grasp now.  The tv needed re-tuning, not my fault, or his.

Got soaking wet on Thursday, came in to put cagoule on a wire hanger and the top of it sliced through the back of my hand.  Very blooming and red and sore.   I had just been for a blood test as well.

My S------ry shop due today 1- 5 pm came at 12.30.  I have just finished putting it all away.  The previous customers milk had burst and poured into one of my crates.  The driver said, I can take it away and refund or you can keep it and you will be refunded anyway.  I kept it as there were things I needed for today and tomorrow.   I have just finished washing all the items off and getting them all dry.  All the fruit etc etc.
Then to clean the kitchen and floor up.       Opened the pantry to put the rest of  shopping away and an old tin of stewed apples had burst.  Oh Joy, or words of that affect.  Emptied cupboard, wash everything down and then the floor again.  Cleaned all the work services.

Now I am going to sit with a cuppa tea and look at yesterdays paper.  Weary.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: What a rotten week !
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 15:26 »
Oh dear that was a horrible week for you Mrs B, hope th8ngs improve but at least everywhere is clean…double clean fact. Enjoy your sit down
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 16:47 »
Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your neighbour.

At least the mattress is something to look forward to  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 18:02 »
Oh, Mrs B, you've certainly had a time of it today!!  On the plus side, you have done so much cleaning today that you are entitled to have the next couple of days at least at your leisure, without feeling guilty. 
Like you, I dread having anything new that has a plug on it and that requires any input from me other than to insert plug and flick switch.  Any instruction more complex than that just go right over my head. At least I have a couple of sons that are pretty well on top of that sort of thing.
It's sad news about your neighbour. Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold, and many of us older ones have probably lived next door to someone for many a long year and have grown comfortable with them and enjoyed chats over the fence, and done what we can to help each other.  It will feel very strange without him living next to you. I hope that you have other neighbours that you can chat to.
Hopefully the rest of the week won't be so stressful.  The weather for the next couple of days doesn't seem too bad, so perhaps just potter about and sit and relax in your garden for a while. 

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 09:07 »
Oh MB. So sorry about your neighbour and all the rest. My niece set our new Smart TV up for us but sometimes it keeps putting up a sign that it needs re-tuning because some unearthly programme has changed its number or something. I can manage that and also change it so I can watch a DVD then change it back again to the TV prog. The only thing is often I can hear my DVD "reading" the disc when the recorder is switched off - errrr?  ???
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Christine

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 10:24 »
Ms B the trials of the delivery took time and energy, the telly I can sympathise with as I've been setting up a new computer to my way of thinking not that of Microsoft - but the loss of a good neighbour who was a good pal can't be mended or replaced. How sad.

xx
Anyone had this rotten cold?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post January 21, 2020, 12:45
by Goosegirl
clip
First week

Started by ches on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post June 08, 2019, 11:18
by ches
clip
A week away

Started by ches on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 13:11
by ches
xx
Very cold week to come

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2021, 13:49
by jezza

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 46 queries.