What's for tea 2019?

• 745 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: What's for tea 2019?
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2019, 11:01 »
The skin was intact and nicely coloured but picking it up it, the skin gave and the mess was yukkky!  :ohmy: >:(

Oh nooooo  :(  That is one of the stimkier, nastier messes to clear up in the shed  ::)

We had a takeaway curry last night after a busy day and I'm working to silly o'clock later on as we have a big shop shift round.  Lunch is going to be pork steaks with plenty of potatoes, veg and gravy  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2019, 11:24 »
Mmm, a nice mess ::) some of mine are still hard skinned but horrid inside when cut yuk. I have 2 Tromba's left and started on one yesterday for the curry, they seem to be keeping better than the others.

Today I've got braising steak in the slow-cooker. I picked the last swede and some PSB yesterday, plus some of the kale had started sprouting, so cut those as well, to go with it.
Rhubarb crumble for later on :)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2019, 12:26 »
Prepped all the veg for a Mediterranean tray bake, along with finely chopped leek, carrot and anything else that was lurking.   Shall add a tin of chopped toms, and herbs, garlic etc.  Mrs Bouquet

PS: Tried that Freekeh last night, it was horrid Urgh.
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2019, 13:39 »
As my Mum was keen on saying - at least you tried  :tongue2:

Lardman

« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2019, 21:30 »

"Meet Freekeh, the Supergrain That Might End Your Relationship With Quinoa..." Kinda says it all for me  :nowink:

I've been using up the fridge gravel tonight which has been totally unsatisfactory as a meal  :( I suspect I'll be nuking a spud in a bit.

madcat

« Reply #305 on: April 08, 2019, 10:00 »
Going to be toad in the hole (just got the sausages out of the freezer!) with roast parsnip (found yesterday on the plot) and onions.  Gravy of course.  A pint might be taken later, so that should provide good stomach lining!!  ::)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2019, 11:01 »
Yesterdays tray bake turned into an enormous casserole.  Had it with rice, and did enough for two days.  So guess whats for dinner tonight.   Tomorrow it will have to be with pasta. -   Then all gone, lovely, and glad I made the effort.   Mrs Bouquet

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2019, 15:24 »
Tonight is hm pasties from the freezer, the last of the batch I made a couple of weeks ago and probably forgot to report  ::)

Wedges to go with and some hm herby coleslaw.  I've just picked a load of parsley, chervil and tarragon to go in it  :)

madcat

« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2019, 16:58 »
Have a joint of (bargain) topside in the slow cooker, with in a bourguignon sauce.  Tonight it will be sliced with roast veg (pots, squash, onion, parsnip etc) and some of the sauce.  Later in the week there will be some cold and the bits will go back into the rest of the sauce (has shallots and mushies and bacon in there) to make a deluxe stew.  A well spent £3.50!  Thank you Mr Co-op.

Co-op moan tho' - with all their eco credentials, why can I only buy spices in fancy jars?  I don't need or want the jar, so can they please do refill packs and reduce the un-needed packaging??  Bah.  :mad: :mad: Must find time to go to Fox's Spices in Stratford.  Well filled and fresh poly bags.  Soon.  :unsure:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2019, 17:42 »
Homemade creamy curry with rice.

snowdrops

« Reply #310 on: April 09, 2019, 17:54 »
Last nights Chicken hotpot that hubby had when I was indisposed but tonight it had dumplings 😉
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2019, 09:58 »
Chicken casserole for us yesterday.  I've got late shifts for the next couple of days, but OH has quiche stashed in the fridge.

madcat

« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2019, 11:35 »
Last night was pork and apple casserole cooked in the slow cooker (with a little cider and a few prunes in there), couscous for OH.  Was good.

Tonight I am going to make a pie - chicken and leek I think. I haven't made one in ages.  I have cut some white sprouting to go with it.

wighty

« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2019, 16:18 »
I found a small bag of cooked prawns in the freezer and was going to try and bodge something with    pasta and a packet of cheap cream cheese we bought by accident.  Paul asked what had I thought of for tea and said what he really fancied is a prawn salad!  Men!!

Lardman

« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2019, 18:18 »
I felt a disturbance in the force - did someone say pie ?  :tongue2:

Life has been getting in the way again and there has been excessive use of the bag of spuds and the microwave. Tonight I have my eye on a can of beans and some slices of bread  ::)

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2019, 11:35
by John
xx
What's the weather like where you are? - 2019

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

958 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:59
by wighty
xx
looking back on 2019

2 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:18
by WeavingGryphon
xx
allotments 2019

13 Replies
Last post March 23, 2019, 19:25
by jaydig

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 55 queries.