Thank the Lord for freecycle

• 132 Replies

Flatcat

Re: Thank the Lord for freecycle
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 11:26 »
Wow some folk have all the luck with freecycle

The best thing we ever got was a brand new wheelie bin in green from freecycle last year, which we use as a tool store down the lottie :lol:

thestens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 19:39 »
Just got a 5 year old bagless vacuum cleaner on Freecycle and someone is picking up our 12 year old vacuum cleaner in half an hour. 3 people happy. 1st a cupboard emptied 2nd us with a newish cleaner 3rd a lad setting up a flat gets a useable vacuum and the only people to make anything out of this are the petrol companies for the fuel we use.
Taken over neglected veg garden at new home. Enemy number 1 Ground Elder. Then there is the furry terror - bunnies - to contend with!
Made a start have beds established but moved in too late for serious planting. We shall see what 2015 brings.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 21:23 »
yeh ive been lucky with freecycle too, i got a 10 by 12 greenhouse for my nan, however soon after i decided to cancel my acount due to the amount of emails they where sending me!

That's a shame Matt!  On your account, you can tell Freecycle to only send you an email per day with all that day's adverts on it.   I too got fed up with hundreds of emails.  Unless you mean emails from people wanting your stuff, which is a bit different  ;)

mattwragg94

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 21:43 »
yeh i meant i got hundreds of adverts from people advertising their stuff that they wanted to give away - i think there should be a freecyce forum rather than newsletter as a forum could have different sections i.e. garden so that you dont have to look through adds that your not interested in!

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 22:00 »
Mmmmm, not a bad idea that!  Why don't you suggest it to them?  Would make things easier!  :)

mattwragg94

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 22:07 »
i might - but i think its pointless me signing up anyway as i dont drive so i have to rely on my dad to pick the things up - anyway i usually pick my gardening stuff up at carboots - where the prices they charge, they may aswell give them away!

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 22:09 »
I don't drive either, so if I want something, I have to persuade the OH to take me to pick it up.  It's okay if he's in a good mood!    :) :)

mattwragg94

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 22:10 »
 :lol:

grendel

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 20:31 »
just got lucky on my local freecycle - 40 paving slabs, some for the garden and any breakages and leftovers down the plot for paths.
:)
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

ulsterfairy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 19:18 »
Nice!!   :)

grendel

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 20:20 »
it was a full carload plus full trailer load, the car could take 450 kg and the trailer a further 250 kg, and I calculated the 40 slabs at 650kg in total, unfortunately 8 extra 1/2 slabs, a couple of broken ones and some edging strips later I was right on the limits of car and trailer for the 8 mile drive home, much care was taken over speed humps, and the result was only 1 slab that may well have had a crack before lost a corner (phew). this evening the trailer was used again for bringing home the leather recliner chair the wife  got on ebay yesterday for £1.20. I did rib her for her expensive taste.
Grendel

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 21:04 »
it was a full carload plus full trailer load, the car could take 450 kg and the trailer a further 250 kg, and I calculated the 40 slabs at 650kg in total, unfortunately 8 extra 1/2 slabs, a couple of broken ones and some edging strips later I was right on the limits of car and trailer for the 8 mile drive home, much care was taken over speed humps, and the result was only 1 slab that may well have had a crack before lost a corner (phew). this evening the trailer was used again for bringing home the leather recliner chair the wife  got on ebay yesterday for £1.20. I did rib her for her expensive taste.
Grendel

You will have to keep an eye on her grendel, you don't want her going wild!    :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

ulsterfairy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 19:30 »
 :D :D :D

You will have to keep an eye on her grendel, you don't want her going wild!    :lol:
[/quote]

Sounds like she already has £1.20!!!! 

Jokin aside what a deal, hopefully u got first dibs for collecting it

grendel

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 22:46 »
its all installed, and the room layout is being verbally rearranged.
Grendel

grendel

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 14:52 »
its been a good week, we got a free king size bed from my cousin and a pinr blanket box (for the cats to sit ion in the conservatory, plus I have started laying my freecycle slabs.
Grendel

xx
What is going on with Freecycle?

Started by Salmo on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 16:07
by lisa80
xx
freecycle

Started by evie2 on Frugal Living

12 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 20:19
by ex-cavator
xx
Freecycle

Started by Jeanieblue on Frugal Living

47 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 18:51
by wildeone
xx
Freecycle

Started by EzLou on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2007, 10:06
by new_2_veg

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 34 queries.